Pix (and possibly Chiffs) stop smoking journal.

LittleBoo

Intactivist Mummy!
Reaction score
Well my goal was to quit new years day, smoked 1st, 2nd and today I held out til 5:30pm and have had 3... :blush:

BUT! I'm not letting that stop me. I did well today, if I can go til half 5 I can damn well make it til bedtime.

Some things I've noted today:

Chiff (OH) returning from work seems to be a trigger as I smoke more with him around. Stress inducing ******* best stay at work tomorrow :gun: okay maybe that's a bit harsh, will ask him to smoke before he comes home, and have something planned to take me up to the kids bedtime at 7, keep my hands busy and mind occupied... sand the toy boy to do the boys hand prints sounds good.

I seemed to snack quite a bit today. Considering I'm trying to lose weight, I think it may be an idea to have some healthy snacky stuff in, and some normal chewing gum.

I'm not using nicotine replacement as it's the addiction I need to break not the habit. Plus, they taste like crap (funny, coming from someone who's tasted like an ashtray for years).

Okay so official day 1: 3 cigs, probably 4 by bedtime. I'm fine til I have that first cig, then I'm gone. No more 'last cigs'.

Reasons for quitting:

Jack now has the word "cig" in his vocabulary, and knows lighters and cigarettes go together. This saddens me. I don't want either of the boys growing up with smelly smoker parents. I did it, it was NOT pleasent.

Money, self explanitory really. 20 a day, both of us = 12.30 a day x 7 = 86.10 a week. JESUS. So yes, money.

Smell, I STINK. HE STINKS. Luckily the house doesn't because we're not morally corrupt and smoke outside. But still. Yuck.

Teeth, yellow. More so than usual. I noticed this yesterday. I've yellow teeth, it's awful. With the money I save from quitting they're getting whitened.

My gums and tongue are blistered constantly from smoking. So, so painful.

My chest is heavy, my phlem tastes like BBQ sauce.

Mum has COPD and angina, my Dad high blood pressure and cholesterol, my genetics are telling me it's quit or die.

Just think... with the money saved, I could LIVE! No more sales.... well, sales, but holidays too! If we ever get round to filling in forms for passports.

Shall update how I get on tomorrow, and add any other stuff then too.

How're you doing today Callum? So far I've had one cig first thing, had nothing since :) really proud of myself, usually if I have one that's it, I smoke all day :lol:

Im affraid i have had 2 today :cry:
but its about 11 less than a normal day :happydance:
but im strugling haha

and well done! Glad your doing so well :thumbup:

Well today went well, til Chiff came home and tempted me with his smokey goodness :lol: though I seem to have found something to put me off for at least 20 minutes, jogging! Burns my chest, gets me too out of breath to want to smoke :haha: so bloody unfit!

2 is really good! Especially considering the usual. I've had around 4 now :blush: tomorrow's a new day, off to the 'pool to visit old friends (non smokers!) and it'll be a busy evening picking Jack up from nursery, so hopefully I'll make it til at least 7pm tomorrow :haha:

Hey, how youbeen today? Ive faild today :growlmad: had 7, think its because I've not been very busy at work today. Sounds like you did pretty well yesterday tho :thumbup:

And joging oh hell no! Im not the excercise kind haha

Oh god this is what I need in my life!!! A quit smoking journal!!

And what I could do is instead of having a fag I could just update my journal :rofl:

Will have to order a quitkit and pick a date first though.. I can't give up without an abundance of chewing come and the shit little tangle toy you get in the pack :rofl:

You're doing really well though hun.. When I've got the balls to attempt quitting we can be quit smoking buddies :haha:

If i can do it so can you pix :) Love you, its 19 weeks today since i quit :)

Good on you for wanting to stop. That is the 1st step.

For me, i used the patches and was told if you smoke while on the patches you can overdose on nicotine so i didn't smoke but it bugged me all day and was so itchy. Then one day i forgot to put it in and completely forgot about not having a cig and i wasn't bothered. That was 2 years ago now and i am so happy i managed. I loved smoking and only stopped because i was pregnant so believe me, ifi can... you can xx

Well I failed over the weekend, though I kinda of slacked off as I'd set today as my 'no cigs at all, no matter what' day. I'm in hell :cry: it's this time (6/7) that I have 'routine cigs', once Cas is asleep (half 6) and once Jack's in bed (just after 7) it's making me want to cry, scream and deflate all at once. My head's pounding, my lips and tongue are sore where I've bit into them trying to distract myself, and OH has just been out for one and stinks of cigs :cry: whyyy? Why am I doing this?!

good luck its very hard i gave uo when i feel pregnat with brooke and i lasted 14 months then i started again stress off kids lol

prop shouldnt say this but i enjoy my fags i dont drink i dont do drugs my way to relax

although i do watch what i smoke i make sure i have no more than 15 a day.

but goodluck and i hope u do it,

Day 2 with no cigs :) today's been muuuuuch easier than yesterday, pretty damn proud of myself! How're you doing Cal?

i smoked for 15 years and quit October 31st so its been 2 and a half months now since i quit, HOW DID I DO IT? with an e.cigarette and i cant believe it worked for me, iv tried everything and had no joy but i am pleased to say thank you for inventing the e.cig my cough has gone, i dont smell anymore, i can taste food better all i do now is vapour lol, there only £12.99 and they are rechagable, the refills are £6.99 for a pack of 6 and each one is equivilant to 15 cigs, not only have i saved so much money but i feel healthier to, and i dont take my cravings out on my family instead i vapour and its 100% safe to use anywhere, here is where i got mine https://www.10motives.com/

Hi, how are you doing with the quitting? I'm on day 3 now. Nearly gave in this morning ans actually bought smokes, put one in my mouth and went to light it. And the lighter wouldn't work. took this took this as a sign and put it back in the box.

Keep going hun! I've gone a week now, still craving but I've found drinking diet coke/coffee helps during the worse cravings, hit of caffiene really takes the edge off :p

Officially a non-smoker :dance: I'm feeling SO much better! Anyone who reads this and is considering quitting, DO IT! Worth it, so so worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->