Pixie's Healthy Eating Journal..x

Pixie19

Reaction score
Oooo well here goes!
I never knew about this part of BabyandBump before now...I'm always in the TTC section :thumbup:

Well...it has come to my attention that my eating habits/lack of, could be the reason i have not conceived yet! So i am on a mission to start eating properly for the sake of my future Mini Pixie's

So a little background on me!
Im 19 and so is my OH. We have been together for 5 years!! Childhood sweethearts :cloud9: We decided May 2009 to try for a baby, it didnt work out as planned! We thought i would be pregnant by now!
My mum-after speaking to a psychic- told me if i dont start eating right, i will never have a baby! This is the only reason i think my eating is afecting our TTC, I myself dont see a problem with my eating, i dont get hungry! If my body was suffering, surely it would make me feel hungry? :shrug:
I have always had this problem with food, i was anaemic when i was about 7/8 and then again when i was 16/17
For as long as i can remember i have been fussy! Theres a LOT of food i dont like the taste/texture of...I know that may sound silly...
I've had to tell people im a vegetarian because its easier than saying
'I like Pepperoni pizza, but i take the pepperoni off because i only like it for the spicy tomato'
Or
'Yeah i like ham, but only if its the cheap wafer thin honey roast ham from ASDA'
Its sooo frustrating!! I wish i liked food, but i just cant....
I have come along way though! I now eat alot more things than i used to...
For me trying different food isnt as easy as just putting it on a fork and eating it....I have to know in advance as i have a long mental build up! Maybe its some kind of food phobia? :shrug: But it's like overcoming a fear in a way...
Anyway my views on food aside, i am willing to try and eat 3 meals a day!

The affects my lack of eating have on me are:

Tired alll the time
Headaches
Bloated
Spots
Dizziness
Stomach Cramps
And now i am starting to have longer menstrual cycles :sad1:

I can see the affects, but why is my body not telling me i need food?!

I dont have a set of scales but last time i weighed myself about 2 weeks ago, i was 10stone exactly. A healthy weight!
As well as eating healthy I want to get rid of my bloat so will probably do some excercise....:)

Well done if you have just read all of that :thumbup: How bored you must have been :winkwink:

:flower:

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

None

Dinner:

2 Croissants, (Not hungry, had to force them down as not eaten much all day)

Snacks:

2 packs of Salt&Vinegar Hula Hoops, Cadburys Creme Egg, Wispa Gold

Total drinks:

About 2/3 glasses of Pepsi

Great start to my journal eh?! :nope:

Breakfast:

1 Croissant

Lunch:

Half a bag of Quavers, Twix

Dinner:

2 small ham rolls

Snacks:

None

Total drinks:

2 Cartons of Ribena, about 4 glasses of milk

A bit better today :thumbup:

Have to admit, that's not such a great diet Pixie :blush: What sort of foods do you like? Any veggies or proteins?

Are Cadbury cream eggs out again? Oh dear :nope: My one sugar weakness. It's the only chocolate/sugar I eat in the year :thumbup:

I know, my diet is terrible :cry: I am trying to change and eat more, when i go shopping....Dont know when that will be because of the snow...Im guna get some healthy food :thumbup:

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

Dairylea lunchable, Cheesestring, Half a bag of Quavers, Kit Kat

Dinner:

9" Margerita Pizza

Snacks:

Dairy Milk Caramel

Total drinks:

Glass of Coke, Small bottle of Chocolate Milkshake, Glass of water, 700ml Bottle of WKD blue

I think if you want to eat healthy, you really have to want it. Your diet is awful atm, sorry hun.

Where is your 5 a day? Where's your water intake? Where's the protein? There is nothing, in any of your entries that is good for you. Even the croissant are full of butter, carbs and saturated fat. Rolls on white bread are full of carbs and sugar!

When you eat breakfast, it's full of sugar and fat. When you don't you are eating chocolate and processed food, again full of sugar and fat.

I'm not surprised you're having health issues, but the good news is that you CAN change it. You just have to want to!

You mention you dislike a lot of foods. This is most probably because your body, and taste buds, are used to artificial flavours, E numbers, etc. If you really start to eat healthy, it will take your taste buds about 3 days to start returning to normal, and recognising natural flavours. It will take your body longer to stop craving the junk though, about three weeks.

The food that your eating at the minute is perpetual. The more you eat, the more your body wants. That's how junk food is designed. If you eat healthy, you will feel fuller for longer and you won't even want the junk. Imagine getting rid of all those symptoms you've listed above, AND not craving crap? Add to this, that if you get your healthy eating sorted NOW then you are more likely to be able to give you baby a great head start when you are PG. Your baby doesn't have a choice in what you eat, so by sorting your eating habits now, you will be doing not only you, but your future child a huge favour.

Eating breakfast is SO important. It sets you up for the rest of the day, and you really should not skip it. If you don't normally eat breakfast, you just need to train your body to expect it. Eat breakfast everyday for a week and you'll be craving it afterwards.

You should divide your plate up into 3 portions. 1/2 should be fruit or veg. 1/4 should be a complex carbohydrate (like brown rice) and 1/4 should be protein (like meat or veggie substitute). Oats are fantastic for breakfast, and as they have a lot of protein they will fill you up for longer and stop you craving the junk.

Here are some examples of complex carbohydrates:
Pasta
Macaroni
Spaghetti
Brown rice
Potatoes
Other root vegetables
Wholemeal breads
Granary bread
Brown bread
Pitta bread
Bagel
Wholegrain cereals
High fiber breakfast cereals
Porridge oats
All bran
Wheetabix
Shredded wheat
Ryvita crispbread
Muesli
Cassava
Corn
Yam
Oatcakes
Peas
Beans
Lentils

Examples of protein:
Meat
Chick peas
Brown rice
Baked beans
Broccoli
Tofu
Cow's milk
Lentils
Soya milk
Muesli
Eggs
Peanuts
Hard cheese

You can do this,you just have to want to. Motivation in 90% of the battle. If you have it, you can do this.

Thankyou rafwife :flower:

I'm feeling quite down today, feeling as though maybe its not meant to be for me to have a baby...I am finding it SO hard to eat right, i know its only been a couple of days and its guna take time, but i have NO motivation whatsoever....I want to be healthy more than anything so i can have a beautiful healthy baby, and that should be motivation enough, i just cant bring myself to do anything about it...I went to ASDA to get some dinner today and i couldnt find ANYTHING that i wanted to eat, so tonight i've gone without because i have no appetite...I feel like im being selfish,
I'm guna go make a menu for the week then i know what i'll be cooking...I need to start this plan somehow....

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

Bag of Quavers, Kit Kat, Ham Sandwhich

Dinner:

None

Snacks:

None

Total drinks:

Glass of Coke, Small bottle of Chocolate Milkshake, 2 glasses of water

Have you thought of seeing a nutritionist? Those foods won't help a baby grow well at all during pregnancy. Of course, there is not such thing that you aren't MEANT for a baby! Don't be silly hun :hugs: Try seeing a nutritionist that can design a meal plan with the foods that you do like.

Looks like you've got such a sugar addiction!

Dare I suggest that the junk you are eating won't be helping your mood?

Sit down tonight, or tomorrow and write out a meal plan for the week. 3 meals a day, and two snacks (snacks like nuts, fruit, raw veggies, wholemeal toast with peanut butter, ricecakes, etc).

Then write down all the ingredients you'd need, then do an online order to asda/tesco.

Then go into your cupboards and throw out all the chocolate and crisps. You don't NEED it, you WANT it. Start listening to what your body needs.

By ordering online and sticking to your list, you are less likely to buy things that look visibly appealing. If you don't bring junk into the house, you won't eat it.

This is the first step. It isn't hard at all to eat healthy, but the more junk you eat the more you will feel this way. Junk food makes you feel lethargic, it affects your mood, brings on mood swings, etc. The more you rely on junk food to comfort you, the worse it will make you feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->