pixifoto at mothercare

gbromley2007

Reaction score
I went into mothercare and asked about prices, but they couldn't give me a price range because it depends on what we choose, but we wanted to know roughly how much people paid for theirs. I thought they would have done packages all we want really is the one you get as a gift worth £45 wallet size and a couple of slighly bigger than wallet size.

let me know please x

my friend went in to get her free one done from the bounty pack, and they took a few and printed them off, but were really crafty and said thing like ooh you dont want that one? Oh I'll throw it away then. And she ended u chooing 3 photos and it cost .... £150 quid!!!!!!

I tried to ask when they were in Boots a few weeks back and he woudn't give me a proper price.....all he mentioned was the packs started at £65 and i think you got one big photo and 4 small ones... so i thought :nope:
I'd rather take a good pic myself and spend that on something Jac wants or needs. That's my opinion.....im not mean but i think they take advantage.

xx

We had some photos done and paid two hundred pounds. We did get an awful lot of photos for our money. The more u buy the cheaper the photos become.
Ginaxxx

we saw them on sunday and i went in and before i knew it she was booking zack in for this sunday for the free photo... i asked about prices and all she seemed interested in telling me about was a £200 package!!!!!!!!!! i dont flaming think so! i asked how much the one free was worth which you know is £45, then i asked about a 6x4 and that was something like £30....

to be honest im dreading going on sunday because i know they will try alsorts of tactics to get us to spend a fortune... it should be a lovely experiance to enjoy and i would probably buy more if i felt they were being upfront and not just trying to sell highest package to me!

grrr

i even asked if we could do the £200 package over the different shoots at different ages as you get the vouchers for different ages but nope.... im not a cheap skate but £200 is alot

I got 1 20x20 canvas, 3 20x10 canvasses, and 10 or so 8x10 pictures for £150. I thought I got a bargain to be honest.

was that all of her at one age Blah11?

cheers blah we will be asking about that one we have ours in 2 week :) we got the one where u get pics taken over 3 shoots

They are pretty forceful about choosing sizes, prints frames etc If we had known what we do now, we'd have stuck to our guns abit. I liked 3/4 of our pics and ended up spending 500+ but we had a fair few big ones with frames and prints for other people (which they paid back for). Looking at the receipt after we discovered how much exactly the frames were etc and could have in hindsight done it for much cheaper. We also could of had smaller prints of a lot of them and really cut the price down, but I am actually fine with our first experience as they were her first shots. When we go for her 12 months ones, we are going to just get the 8x10 of the ones we like as it will be much cheaper. You just chose what you want and the size and just dont let them say ohhh but I like t hat one ohhh but that will be much better this size and with a frame etc!

I spent about £200 which was for 1xA4, 4xDouble A4, 1xA3 (with 4 pictures on it), and 1xA2 (with 5 pictures on it). The two biggest had frames too. I thought the prices for the photos was ok but I was a bit pi**ed off about the frames because I thought they would actually frame them properly, but instead they just give the you frames to do it yourself.

I booked to go to Pixiephoto in the Leamington Spa branch of Mothercare just for my free photo really (which was 10" x 8"), but we were so pleased with the photos we ended up buying a package of 10 for £150 and they really are lovely. The variety of different backgrounds and poses were great, and everyone who has seen the pics has commented on how lovely they are and asked where we got them done. Well worth the money, especially when you compare them to the kind of prices Venture charge! And we didn't get a hard sell from them at all, we could have just walked away having just ordered the free one no problem. So a total thumbs up from me :thumbup:

Oh and forgot to say, my canvasses have 4 smaller pictures in it IYKWIM? Like 4 pics in each corner instead of 1 big one so you get even more diff pictures for the same price. in my 10x20 ones we had 3 diff pics in a row and one of them had her feet, her face and one of her finger in mine :cloud9: I didn't find the girl pushy at all and she let me choose what ones I wanted and didn't want. We didn't get them framed cause you can get frames for pennies at ikea and tesco etc etc

I spent £220, and go to collect them next week and cant wait! - the more you have, the cheaper they are.

I got 3 big photos, which were 20 x 24inches, all with at least 4 photos in.
I then got 8 smaller photos, some 10 x 12, some 8 x 10.

For what i got, i think it was reasonable - i wouldnt really have had the 3 big collage ones, but for just 2, it was more expensive as it took me out of the 'collection prices'!

I decided not to have frames - what i got, would have been over £500 framed! - i am lucky, and have a friend who can make solid oak frames for me for the big photos, as it may be difficult to find frames in this size

I have no intention of spending this kind of money for any subsequent shoots we have, but he is my first baby, and i really wanted them!

I found that they were not pushy at all, in fact, the lady didnt really say 'oh, i think you should have this, or this' she kinda let us just choose.

Yeah I should add really although I feel we were pushed into having certain sizes and frames etc, what we got was worth the money (except the frames) We have 3 massive prints cannot remember size buts its huge! some long ones which are black and white, also pics with lots different poses on. We have about 12 pictures (not inc the ones family had) which are ranging from huge one family one and two with a mixture of prints on them, down to 10x8 with lots of different poses (more than 12). We had such a wonderful time the photographer was great, got some amazing shots which is why we took home so many because we couldnt choose. It was my birthday present to go have them done, one of my best birthdays I have to say as I did enjoy the experience and was first bday with my daughter and it was spent all smiley :)

We got a good deal at a mobile pixi photo, still paid about £130 though but got loads of pictures, we got 5 collections with is a big photo with a slightly smaller one and then 4 wallet size for each collection, a Floating frame picture and then the picture you get anyway which you pay £5 for.

We have also been into pixi photo and spent about £110 but we have picked 5/6 pictures and the biggest is 24" by 20". but we joined the VIP club for £20 where you get 3 free pictures but must be done over 3 sittings and 10% off all pictures you buy plus when we got them it was also 50% off deal week which is why they told us they cannot give out set prices because they have so many deals

Hey, we went to Venture for our 1st set of pictures....... boy that was a learning experience and I URGE anyone not to go there!!!!!!!

Recently went to Pixifoto and was really pleased with the pics!!!! It is hard to choose, as they deliberately take lots of different pictures in different styles and you want them all! Go in with a firm idea what you want and stick to it. They are a bit naughty, as they automatically price photos with frames..... so you have to say you dont want that and they'll deduct frames from the cost.

I got this list in June -

Hope that helps :)
Does anyone know how long they keep the pictures for by the way?

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 95
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 83
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online