pixifoto at mothercare

I was thinking of nipping in tomorrow to get it done, and will get oh to say how he was really chuffed to get the free pic as we have n spare cash at all as he has been made redundant (fib) and we could afford to otherwise, etc etc.

Have you thought about going to a freelance photographer? I know one of the ones here you pay $150, he goes wherever you want him to and you get a disc with all the images on there. So much better value

sorry to bring an old thread up, but thought I'd let everyone know that I have had as great experience with pixifotos. I had been going through cherubs, and I spent £160 less at pixifotos and got more for my money, and the same quality.

My best mate said they were an utter rip off. They would only give the first photo taken as the free photo. A huge amount of parents complained. They do anything to get you to shell out!

My best mate said they were an utter rip off. They would only give the first photo taken as the free photo. A huge amount of parents complained. They do anything to get you to shell out!

Not true for me!

Reuben was grumpy for the first couple of photos, and not really himself for the whole photoshoot really. The girl said she SHOULD give me the first photo for free, however, cos they were not the best, i could have ANY of the photos she took as my free one.

i went the other day, got my free one, then a 10x12 (i think?) 8keyring sizes and 3 photos in a frame for £100 x

I was not happy with mine! Each set just has one pose so I ended up buying 3 sets just to get different pics, im now left with a load of pics and nothing to do with them ifkwim? It cost me around £100. I would def go freelance next time x

I knew pixie foto was gunna be expensive before i even booked my photo session.
Im picking my photos up 2moro and which will be
8x10 (x2)
10x12 (x2)
16x20
20x20
20x24
1 desktop and 4 wallet combo
these all together cost £200 (all WITHOUT frames) then obviously we got the free photo
I know the 10x12 are £15 each (as my mum and MIL have also bought copies) but i've been told thats up to the date i pick my photos up then the prices go up.

:shock: i cant believe some of the prices you girls have paid for their photo's sorry but thats a ridiculous amount of money to charge for what you get, i dont know how they get away with it i really dont :shrug:

i was thinking that but they make the pictures look sooooo good its hard to say no...i only really wanted a couple of her then a few of us all together but ended up getting loads of her

I had some done of Deacon and it was a free sitting with a 10 x 12 for £4.99 as a special offer. The rest of the photos where very expensive they wanted £230 for the full range of 7 pic's in different sizes. For one of the pics which I think was £10 x8 they wanted £25. and if you bought a set it started at £55 which was one large,medium, small and 4x wallet size but you could only have one pose. Then when my mum wanted a copy of them they where going to charge £20 for a a4 sheet with all the poses on s o she could pick which one and £10 of that was refundable. But then for one pic for her it started at £34... Its defo a rip off but its heartbreaking when you see the pics and you can't afford to buy them, i would say persoanlly that if you don't have the cash then don't have them taken coz its horrible to walk away from them but thats just me. x

i had sum dun in june only had it dun for the free one, i even told her i only wanted one doin cos i wudnt be able to afford them, but no she did 9 altogether.
they were really nice aswell, wen she showed me the price i nearly died just over £1000 for them, but she said as a special deal for today only i cud have them for £390, which i still cudnt afford. i asked if u can pay weekly (think she said over 4 wks) wud have to pay a deposit (cant remember how much) n that was £95.
they r nice but seriously over priced.
they keep them for 6 months, i asked the other day as i had only just been to pick my free one up from june.
and u gt the choice ov a full body or face shot for the free one

We got Jaymees picture taken last week using the voucher from bounty so we also got the free one. We pick them up next week..kant wait. The photographer was lovely and let us choses between 5 for our free one as a it took Jaymee a few to settle. We ended payign "200 and got around 20 sheets altegether, 1 big collage, 1 long collage and about 9 other photos of different sizes. I feel it was worth it-even though we did go over our budget the photos are lovely and we are giving some away as xmas prezzies too_Only dowside is she took 70 photos altogether it was sooo hard to leave some of them.
xxx

We picked Chloe's photos up yesterday and they were gorgeous...we even bought another big one...ooops lol

we had alys' done on tuesday, weve got the complimentry pic 10"x12" and it was the first pic cos he asked if i was happy with it, and said if i wasnt he'd take more, but it was lovely.
he took a load more and said for every pic you by 10x8 you get a smaller pic and 2 smaller ones again so like 5 pics for every one, and if you get 5 sets its £185
or alternatively if you just want the one pic its £25

well pleased xxxx

I get them done at boots but only pay a fiver for the decent sized one - when i go back in Dec where going to put together one of each time hes had his photos done

had mine done recently at boots - got my free one 10 x 12(£4.99 but had a voucher off net for it at £2.99) then got 3 collections of 1 x 10x8 1 x 7x5 and 4 x 3.5x2.5 and a 20x10 all for £110 which I thought was good value

If you think Pixi are expensive DO NOT go to Venture!!!

I used pixiphoto at mothercare around 1 month ago as i had the voucher you get out of the bounty pack, she snapped away and took i'd say around 12 good photos, when i went back to get them all she wanted wait for it... £1000! what a joke! i ended up with just a couple of small photos and ive done nothing but tell everyone not to use them! I certainly wont again it was a big rip off!

there prices are rather rediculous we went to get our 3 month photos done and there first price was £1750 that was for all the photos about 25 with a couple of frames and 5 on canvas thers secound price was 1200 that was with about 20 pics and only 2 frames personaly that price was still bad so we ended up payin £275 for a few doubles was about 16 of 6" 8" 1 A4 and one 10" 8" and 3 canvas unforunatly i was told that all the photos would be one the disk so we didnt get them all on print but it turned out that they werent so we lost out on a few good photos personaly i would rather look for somewere else they make u feel very pressured into buy loads xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->