Placenta confusion help please?

tulip2002

Reaction score
I was told at my nhs 20 weeks scan aswell as it being on my file. I had 2 due to position one at 19 and one at 22 weeks that my placenta is high posterior. I had a private scan today im now nearly 30 weeks and she mentioned that my placenta is infront of my womb now im confused does this now mean its anterior??? I didnt think it would change so far speshly from posterior to anterior?

I think that is what it might mean, but not sure.
My placenta was anterior but it moved to posterior between my 16 week (private gender scan) and 20 week NHS one.

Thanks for reply. Thats why im confused as thats why they check where it is at 20 week scan surely if it moves about after that they would check later. Have never heard it moves from posterior to anterior after 20 week scan so maybe it can

What's probably happened is that it was really high and posterior but as your womb has grown and stretched it has moved high and to the front more making it anterior ,think of a ballon if u put a pen Mark on it whilst defelated at the top as u blow it up it could possibly move more to front or back as it inflates hope that makes sense to you x

If you think of a woman with placenta praevia low lying placenta covering the cervix it can move up during the pregnancy as the womb grows they don't normally confirm a definite low lying placenta until 36 weeks as it can still move with growth up until then it's all normal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->