Placenta previa

happynewmom1

Reaction score
So at my appointment yesterday they told me that the 20 week ultrasound notes show indication of placenta previa. I had an ultrasound at 14 weeks as well which stated there was no indication of this. My midwife found that odd and is going to call them and see which is correct as she feels one is wrong. Does anyone have any experience with this? It's making me nervous.

It's actually very common to have placenta previa at your gestation. The placenta almost always moves up by the time you hit the 3rd trimester. It's good to keep an eye on things just in case. Good luck!

I had a low lying placenta at my 14 week scan, complete p.p. at my 20 week scan, and by week 28 it was completely moved. I was on complete pelvic rest (no heavy lifting or sex) until the scan confirmed it had moved. Went on to have a flawless vaginal delivery.

Thank you both so much! That's very reassuring!!!

Rach, is it common to be on pelvic rest for it? My midwife said to carry on as usual. So I've still been walking, carrying our toddler and ahem.. Having sex. Maybe I should be extra careful right now?

It might depend on how much the placenta is covering the cervix? Not sure. Mine was complete so i was on rest. Not sure if they’d do that if it was only partial. Id say better safe than sorry. I wasnt on bed rest, just pelvic rest. So i still was up and moving about just no exercise, sex, or lifting anything over 10 lbs. thankfully that was my first, def wouldnt have been able to abide by that if i already had a little wanting attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->