placenta question....

BrittBS

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
Well, guys the great pregnancy experience may be coming to an end. :hissy: I went for a 4D scan Saturday for the second time because she won't cooperate to get any pictues! :dohh: Still didn't get very good ones so I'm going back this Saturday a third time. Anyways, back to the point! The lady told me that my amniotic fluid is borderline. She said it's not dangerously low yet but it could get there. I drink TONS of water a day, much more than they recommend. I will be asking my doctor about this when I go see him Friday. Hopefully he'll do another scan so he can measure it his self. My question is..... the lady told me my placenta was very very thick. The way she said it made it sound like it's not normal for it to be thick like it is. I will be asking my doctor about this also... I just wanted to ask you guys to ease my mind until Friday. Could there be any problems caused by a thick placenta? Is it normal for someone to have one so thick?

I have no advice, but didn't want to read and run.

Definately speak with doc and I hope all is well x x

Sorry I don't know but ring your MW in the meantime and see what she says......Hope all is well xx

Me either, ive not heard of that term before when referring to your placenta. You could always ring your mw and ask for some reassurance or an explanation hun?

Really sorry but i can't help either, i've never heard of it, sorry xx

I'm sorry I can't offer any information or advice either! Perhaps she was just observing it? I hope everything will be ok with your LO.

Totally clueless hun. Sorry. Let us know though when you find out as I'm sure we'd all like to know what a 'thick placenta' means. x

Placental depth can be measured on ultrasound and, generally, the depth in millimeters corresponds to the gestational age. So at 25 weeks, the placenta should roughly measure 25 mm in depth. "Placentomegaly," a placenta of greater than normal thickness, has been associated with certain maternal conditions such as diabetes, placental hemorrhage, some kinds of infections, occasionally chromosomal abnormalities or, uncommonly, a rare form of malignancy. Or it may have no significance at all.

just a tidbit of info i saw that looked good. i would not be too worried about it, the article i read also stated there should be no reason for concern if baby is growing and measuring on target (which it seems your little girl is right on!) Still, it would be something to mention and ask your doctor for more peace of mind! :)

No idea myself but when I saw my placenta it was HUGE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->