Placenta question

madasa

Mum of 2
Reaction score
A two part question for you all....

Next time (Oh I hope there will be a next time!) I plan on encapsulating my placenta. Seems a terrible waste to throw all those nutrients etc. away! Has anyone else done this? Would you consider it?

I was thinking of going on a workshop or short course to learn how to do this "properly" - WDYT? Good idea or waste of time?

As a doula, I was thinking of offering this service to clients, too. If you hired a doula, would you make use of this service if it was offered?

TIA! :D

I definitely would. If the person I hired knew how to do it, then I wouldn't pass it up. I like the idea of consuming the placenta, but it makes me squeamish to think about actually just eating it....

A two part question for you all....

Next time (Oh I hope there will be a next time!) I plan on encapsulating my placenta. Seems a terrible waste to throw all those nutrients etc. away! Has anyone else done this? Would you consider it? I haven't done it but I definitely WOULD consider it.

I was thinking of going on a workshop or short course to learn how to do this "properly" - WDYT? Good idea or waste of time? Good idea if you're planning on doing it for others too. For yourself there is enough info on the web IMO.

As a doula, I was thinking of offering this service to clients, too. If you hired a doula, would you make use of this service if it was offered? DEFINITELY. The only thing that puts me off encapsulation is the thought of being a day/two days PP and having to do it myself. We plan on having a doula for our next birth and she offers an encapsulation service and we will be using it :)

TIA! :D

Hope that helps! :D

TBH hun, I think for me, the encapsulation service would swing it for me regarding a doula. :)

i would totally get mine encapusltaed if i could and it wouldnt cost too much i couldnt face doing it myself though

I've been reading up on this today and it definately seems to be gaining in popularity :thumbup:

Thanks all! It's definitely worth my thinking about!

I would have liked my placenta encapsulated but I know I wouldn't have the energy to do it myself and hubby wouldn't have wanted me doing it in the house. He's very squeamish and he thinks its hippy nonsense!

I would have loved a Doula esp one who would have done it for me.

Stoopid money dammit.

Madasa - would you do it in the clients home or in your home?

As I understand it, it's quite long... if i was to be doing it in a clients home I would have to stop the night, kinda thing! Given that the mum could be in hospital, doing it at their home would not be a viable option, I would think.... Even if they had a HB, I expect they would want to have a few days to themselves with the baby.... Not have the doula staying an extra night mucking about with the placenta....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->