Planned c section! Anyone just know their baby wont be making an entrance beforehand?

mamarix16

Pregnant with baby #3!
Reaction score
Hi girls! I have a planned section on the 24th of Sept at 39 + 2 weeks and I am desperately hoping my little 3rd baby will make an appearance before then but my daughter was a planned section at 38 weeks and my son came at 41 weeks so I feel like there is absolutely no chance that I will experience the dramatic waters breaking, contractions starting bit which kind of makes me a bit sad as I always wanted to experience that!!! Crazy I know! (I have to have section as I have had two previous sections!) Sorry I am possibly not making any sense but I just know in my heart that this little one wont be budging until her planned section date!!! I suppose in a way that is better as I can plan ahead!!!

Will they not let you have a VBAC? What would they do if your go into labour naturally, would you still have to have a section anyway?

It looks like I am having a planned c section with my first due to breech so I am HOPING lo does not come early. I know that I will miss all the natural stuff but I think that I have convinced myself that I prefer a c section. I try to focus on all the negative things that I won't have to go through by having a c section. No water breaking in bed in the middle of the night, not going through hours and hours of painful contractions and pushing. No tears and stitches. No listening of muscles down there.

Why 39 weeks if you're ok to birth naturally?

I'm having a planned c section on Monday at 39 weeks. I Leo having loads of "signs" of labour being imminent but I went to 42+2 with my first so I don't believe for a second I would labour before 39 weeks around this time (and I don't want to either as the reason for c section is to have a planned delivery with paeds team ready to go).

They wont let me deliver naturally I have had two sections already and my last one was a crash section which has inturn left tonnes of scar tissue on my wound - I absolutely agree that having it planned is much easier as I can arrange for my other two children to be sorted, I think you see it in movies and the excitement of the waters going etc but I guess with the knoweledge that I may rupture has put me right off!

I had placenta previa with ds3 and was told I'd most likely need a section. I was completely as my second labour had been a dream and weirdly i was looking forward to going through it again. In the end I had to have an emergency c section so all those thoughts disappeared and i was just glad he was ok in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->