Planned Teen Pregnancy anyone? (at 18+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eager.4.U

just me & my OH for now<3
Reaction score
Hey :)

Im Lianne, I introduced myself and my story in the introducing section, if any of you would like to check it out and read...:winkwink:

I'm 19 and WTT with my fiance that is turning 20 in a few weeks. Has anyone else my age, or a bit younger planned their pregnancy or are actually TTC? Either 18, 19 or around 20. (read teen pregnancy rules)

And for those who have planned it, how did you tell your parents and family that it wasnt an accident and that you actually were trying to have a child?

What is the greatest reward at the end of each day? And what makes being a young mom better in your opinion?

Kateycakes -

Omg how did you avoid the topic so well lol I thought of probably doing the exact same thing, but I know my mom will just see it in my face that it didn't happen by accident lol She just knows me too well!

I have a feeling though, if she does ask me if I tried to consieve, and when I admit it, she'll probably just tell me its out little secret.

How is it being a 'teen mom' at 20? Did you get to finish college, or are you still trying to finish? Im just so curious of how this has worked out for some women my age, as me and my man are so very excited and comfortable with the idea of raising a child!

Thank you for replying :winkwink:

* its our little secret..
typo mistake lol

Hi! I'm brittney and 18, and 19 weeks pregnant with my little girl! Me and my OH are both 18, and kinda planned our LO. we both wanted a baby but for a while when we were trying I couldn't get pregnant. Then as soon as we stopped trying and just "let it happen" we got pregnant :) congrats on your pregnancy!

I was a teen mummy at 19 and now being 20. Being a mummy is totally different in real life than in your head. It's so much more worrying, stressful, totally exhausting yet amazing and the most rewarding thing in the same sentence!!
No matter how much I thought I was prepared..I wasn't lol.

Plus babies are very expensive! She eats more food than I do ha ha!

Babybumpleb - Hey! Wow that is pretty funny, thats always the way it works isn't it haha Well congradulations to you and ur man! :) Im not pregnant yet tho ;)

KateyCakes - I dont think anyone is really 'prepared' haha, you can say im comfortable and excited to raise a child though :) What do you enjoy the most about being a young mom? What feels really rewarding at the end of the day, that just makes the exhaustion, the worry and the stress worth it?

Welcome! I'm Shannon, 20, and I have a 16 month old named Victoria (Tori)! :hi:
My LO was planned. :D

Just a heads up, this thread might be closed as Teen Pregnancy is for pregnancy only but you should come join us in WTT! :flower:

Sorta planned Me and OH wanted a baby and tried but I never got pregnant and when I lost all hope and we stopped trying. Bam little Jayden was here

And we were both 18

Hi! I'm Francesca, 19 and 21 weeks with my little boy.

We were actively TTC for 3 months when I got pregnant. I was 19 and my OH was 25. We've been together for over 2 years and living together in our own place for a year and a half so we are prepared and stable. No one has asked me if it was planned, most people assume it wasn't. I wouldn't deny it if they did ask, I'm not ashamed of being a young mum!

Good luck with everything and hope you are able to conceive when you want. X

I've had some memory lost recently so I can only tell you what other people told me about me.

My partner was 22 and I was 19. I really wanted a baby in 2012 and thus I drew up a contract like letter for both my partner and I to sign to say we both wanted this pregnancy (at the time I did this in case my partner turned around and said "I didn't want this baby" turns out it was him who needed the contract to prove to me that I had wanted this baby hahaha)

I told my mum and step dad the truth, that we'd planned this pregnancy, but that was mainly because they were so over the moon about being grandparents.

My partner's mother flipped out when we told her, so we said it was a surprise to us too. My mum says that I caught my partner's mother calling my child "the mistake" which really hurts my feelings. My partner and I told my parents under no circumstances were they to tell his mother that this was a planned pregnancy. So far so good.

When people ask me I just laugh and say "this is my little miracle and love them so much"

But I feel like you should be truthful, yes some people are going to get upset, but it's better to tell the truth up front then to have to explain why you lied to them. Or for them to tell your child "you were a mistake" when in all truth your child was planned well loved miracle.

Hi! I'm Francesca, 19 and 21 weeks with my little boy.

We were actively TTC for 3 months when I got pregnant. I was 19 and my OH was 25. We've been together for over 2 years and living together in our own place for a year and a half so we are prepared and stable. No one has asked me if it was planned, most people assume it wasn't. I wouldn't deny it if they did ask, I'm not ashamed of being a young mum!

Good luck with everything and hope you are able to conceive when you want. X

This is almost exactly the same way it happened for me :)

Shannon: Nice meeting you! ..Awe thats so sweet! I love the name Victoria :) I had seen the thread for the rules, you are alowed posting a thread like this if your 18 or older ;) I edited my post though saying if their is anyone TTC or has had a child at the age of 18, 19 or 20. Hehe..

Kimberly: Ouu always happends that way ;) God has a plan for everyone I guess haha.. But congradulations for having your LO :) .. If you dont mind me asking, how is the mothering experience for you? What parts are the most rewarding?

Francesca: Wow thats great planning! Congradulations :) And your right, no young mother should be ashamed for wanting to bring a little miracle in this world, especially if they are willing to give their all for it :) Thanks so much for those kind words, I hope all goes well for you as well!

Nice meeting you all, im excited to get to know all of you so we can all share stuff together :D

Rigi.Kun: How dare anyone call any baby a mistake.. how awful is that! A baby is innocent, they have done nothing wrong.. So sad. But your completly right, its easier to be truthfull and with time people will accept and move on, then to lie and ppl think your ashamed, or them looking down on you and having to explain why blablabla lol Honesty wins! Nice meeting you though :) How much do you enjoy being a young mother, including all the exhaustion, worrying and stuff? What is rewarding for you at the end of the day? I hope I dont sound nosy.. hehe

Everything is amazing and motherhood is a great learning experience for me and Jayden. The most rewarding so far was seeing his first smile last week :). Made me realized he's growing up so fast :')

Rigi.Kun: How dare anyone call any baby a mistake.. how awful is that! A baby is innocent, they have done nothing wrong.. So sad. But your completly right, its easier to be truthfull and with time people will accept and move on, then to lie and ppl think your ashamed, or them looking down on you and having to explain why blablabla lol Honesty wins! Nice meeting you though :) How much do you enjoy being a young mother, including all the exhaustion, worrying and stuff? What is rewarding for you at the end of the day? I hope I dont sound nosy.. hehe

I agree with you, no one has the right to call a baby a mistake. My mum calls unplanned children "surprises" which I think is a lovely term.

You're not being nosey, you sound like your sun sign is Gemini :)
My biggest reward is that I will be young enough to play with my child and enjoy being a mum. My mum had no choice, she tried to have me and my little sister when she was younger, but due to fertility complications she had me at 30 and my little sister at 40 (my little sister was a big surprise)

My child with be the fourth generation born on a 2 year. Grandma was born 1942, Mum was born 1962, I was born 1992 and my child will be born 2012.

Being young doesn't make me worry any less, I just know that the likelihood of something bad happening is lower, but I'm still a huge worry wort :dohh:

KateyCakes - I dont think anyone is really 'prepared' haha, you can say im comfortable and excited to raise a child though :) What do you enjoy the most about being a young mom? What feels really rewarding at the end of the day, that just makes the exhaustion, the worry and the stress worth it?

We both do silly things together, like rolling around the floor or crawl after each other as we both have alot of energy. Sometimes, the stress of looking after her basically on my own makes me think I'm not doing a very good job, but when she gives me a cuddle, and kisses me goodnight and calls me mummum is when I know it's all worth the stress, crying and happiness!

Heya and welcome!
I had my first at 19 and she wasnt planned (Very much wanted though when we found out about her :) )
I'll be 22 when i give birth to my second and he or she was planned!

x

Kimberly: Aw wow that sounds like it must feel so amazing... You sound like a good mum :)

Rigi.Kun: Yes I like the word surprise, a nice warm surprise :).. I am a capricorn ;) I was a january baby haha.. Aw well atleast she managed to conceive later on, some people never do! Having alot of energy is my really big drive as to why I want a child young, I want to be able to do alot of things with him/her! And wow thats so funny that you guys were all born on 2nd's! How amazing :) I feel at any age I would worry just as much, cuz im just like that! haha

Katie.Cakes: I've heard alot about traumatic birth situations, a part that kind of worries me too... Aw, I think at any age a woman will always doubt her parenting skills, especially if she's a first time mom.. I guess it woman's kids that brighten their days by the kisses and hugs.. Im sure your a fantastic mom!

Hannah: Hi! :) Nice meeting you! Congradulations for all of your LO :) If you dont mind me asking (I asked every girl haha), whats the greatest about being a young parent? What is the biggest reward at the end of each day? hehe

You all sound like wonderful mummies! I hope I will be one too!

My LO wasn't really planned but we weren't being that careful either! Me and my OH had chatted about babies so I was bit relaxed with contraception as having a baby didn't seem as scary as before.

Me and my OH are both 19. I love my little boy so much but it is really hard. I'd say have a long, careful think about something so massive and life-changing- once you have a baby, your life is never going to return to how it was before!

I wouldn't change my little man for the world but there is still so much stuff I really miss about my care-free, childless days (I think that's the same for a lot of people, whether they are going to admit it or not) and, being young, meant that we were still halfway through doing a lot of things.. I'm still doing my uni degree, we're still saving for a house etc. Having a baby makes those things wayyy more harder.. it might have been wiser if I'd waited 2-3 years and doing those things would be easier.

I just think you've got years and years left to start a family so think about it soo carefully before you take the plunge and ttc... is there other things you'd like to do first etc?

Good luck :flower: xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back