Planned Teen Pregnancy anyone? (at 18+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, just a question, anyone still living at their parents house? Or soon to be moving out from their parents' home?

I currently live at my moms, I have always had the entire basement, so its kind of my part of the house lol my boyfriend has lived with us for a a little over a year.. He of course lives with me in the basement. We have a big bed, TV, couches, tables, mini electric fire place and many more stuff..

Tinkerbelle: Hi! Nice to meet you :) Congradulations with having conceived your LO! In my head, I never picture parenthood as 'easy'. Infact, its the total opposite. I have worked at my aunts daycare for a long time, and working with kids is tough! But at the end of the day, I love all of them so much, and when they tell me im the best, its the most amazing feeling ever. Ive always really loved kids. Not just 'babies'. I think for me the hardest part is going to be having a baby lol Im used to working with 3-4-5 year olds, but my aunt also has three 1 year olds, that I constantly change their dirty diapers haha Some young girls always say they want a baby, but they forget that they grow up and become toddlers who run around and play, then grow into kids that talk back to you, then teens who are moody etc etc.. :p I dont really have 'big plans', neither does my fiance, I'm going to college in september to do 2 years in childcare to become a teachers aid in kindergarden. If I get pregnant in the next 2 months, and if everything goes well, I'll be able to finish my first year full time, then second year I can take 1-2 night classes per week or even do full-time online classes. I'm very confident that nothing will stop me from getting my college diploma. Alot of young mom's let having a baby never get them a degree, but to me having a child that I need to care for will give me an even bigger drive to succeed at finish my 2 years old college. I've always been the family type, never a 'career' woman. I just want to work with kids, and also have my family. When im in my 40's, and my kids are 18-19, thats the time where me and my husband will get to maybe go on vacations etc.. :)

Veganmama: Hi! Nice meeting you :) Congradulations!

ETA: It's extremely hard when you were once financially stable then it all gets taken from you when you least expect it. I guess no one's ever prepared enough for being a parent.

Me and OH have been living together for a while and at the time we werent planning but not preventing either,and with the career he has we decided we were obviously financially stable for 2 kids and became very excited. I don't think planning has to be strictly for older couples...if you are financially stable and plan on starting your family sooner...then there ya go:flower:

Tinkerbelle: Hi! Nice to meet you :) Congradulations with having conceived your LO! In my head, I never picture parenthood as 'easy'. Infact, its the total opposite. I have worked at my aunts daycare for a long time, and working with kids is tough! But at the end of the day, I love all of them so much, and when they tell me im the best, its the most amazing feeling ever. Ive always really loved kids. Not just 'babies'. I think for me the hardest part is going to be having a baby lol Im used to working with 3-4-5 year olds, but my aunt also has three 1 year olds, that I constantly change their dirty diapers haha Some young girls always say they want a baby, but they forget that they grow up and become toddlers who run around and play, then grow into kids that talk back to you, then teens who are moody etc etc.. :p I dont really have 'big plans', neither does my fiance, I'm going to college in september to do 2 years in childcare to become a teachers aid in kindergarden. If I get pregnant in the next 2 months, and if everything goes well, I'll be able to finish my first year full time, then second year I can take 1-2 night classes per week or even do full-time online classes. I'm very confident that nothing will stop me from getting my college diploma. Alot of young mom's let having a baby never get them a degree, but to me having a child that I need to care for will give me an even bigger drive to succeed at finish my 2 years old college. I've always been the family type, never a 'career' woman. I just want to work with kids, and also have my family. When im in my 40's, and my kids are 18-19, thats the time where me and my husband will get to maybe go on vacations etc.. :)

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as miserable haha, you seem to be pretty clued-up and certain about your future which is a good thing :) I just think lots of girls my age don't think too much about what becoming a parent really means and involves.. me included!

If you are completely certain than go for it! You sound like you'll be a good mum :) I just think you should have a long, hard think first and big discussion with your partner, I wish me and mine had sat down and discussed it properly. You could consider the benefits of waiting another 2 years or whatever, in which case you'll still be a very young mommy.

But I agree that a lovely advantage to having kiddies young is that you'll still be young when they've grown up! I definitely never wanted to wait until my 30s for babies :)

And I am still living at home.. advantages are that I don't have a household to run which means the rare moments I get to myself when baby is asleep I can get on with doing what I want rather than housework, and also that it's much cheaper!

Disadvantages are obviously not having my own space or independance!

xx

We were trying for my daughter I was 17 when we started trying and fell pregnant with her at 18.

Then we started ttc again this december and fell pregnant straight away, sadly I miscarried and we started trying again straight away and I've fallen pregnant straight away again, hopefully this little one will stick.

My family have always been totally supportive of us trying, although I was nervous telling my mum when we were trying for my daughter.

BTW, just a question, anyone still living at their parents house? Or soon to be moving out from their parents' home?

I currently live at my moms, I have always had the entire basement, so its kind of my part of the house lol my boyfriend has lived with us for a a little over a year.. He of course lives with me in the basement. We have a big bed, TV, couches, tables, mini electric fire place and many more stuff..

my OH and i do but i live with my dad for now but hes never here... but were moving out within a month, just getting money together before Amelia gets here

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as miserable haha, you seem to be pretty clued-up and certain about your future which is a good thing :) I just think lots of girls my age don't think too much about what becoming a parent really means and involves.. me included!

If you are completely certain than go for it! You sound like you'll be a good mum :) I just think you should have a long, hard think first and big discussion with your partner, I wish me and mine had sat down and discussed it properly. You could consider the benefits of waiting another 2 years or whatever, in which case you'll still be a very young mommy.

But I agree that a lovely advantage to having kiddies young is that you'll still be young when they've grown up! I definitely never wanted to wait until my 30s for babies :)

And I am still living at home.. advantages are that I don't have a household to run which means the rare moments I get to myself when baby is asleep I can get on with doing what I want rather than housework, and also that it's much cheaper!

Disadvantages are obviously not having my own space or independance!

xx

Haha its okay! I think your right, some people, at any age, want a kid for the wrong reasons... I have been thinking really long and hard about it for the past 5 months with my man, and our mind is pretty set :) I know I want to try to conceive sometime within the next few months..

We were trying for my daughter I was 17 when we started trying and fell pregnant with her at 18.

Then we started ttc again this december and fell pregnant straight away, sadly I miscarried and we started trying again straight away and I've fallen pregnant straight away again, hopefully this little one will stick.

My family have always been totally supportive of us trying, although I was nervous telling my mum when we were trying for my daughter.

Aw I'm really sorry about the miscarriages :( But I do really hope this LO sticks! What did your mother say when you told her you were actually TTC?

my OH and i do but i live with my dad for now but hes never here... but were moving out within a month, just getting money together before Amelia gets here

Oh well thats good for you! :) keep up the good work!!

I guess technically I'm still a teen (19) although I don't feel like it at all. I'm married and have been for a little more than a year and a half. He's in the army so we live in a different state than family. Hubby and I weren't technically ttc but we purposely weren't taking precautions. We wanted a baby and looked at it like, "if it happens then great! If not, we won't force it." Our families were both ecstatic about the baby and so are we. Were ready for her to be here!

I guess technically I'm still a teen (19) although I don't feel like it at all. I'm married and have been for a little more than a year and a half. He's in the army so we live in a different state than family. Hubby and I weren't technically ttc but we purposely weren't taking precautions. We wanted a baby and looked at it like, "if it happens then great! If not, we won't force it." Our families were both ecstatic about the baby and so are we. Were ready for her to be here!

Hey I've seen you in the Second Tri forum. Didn't know you were 19 though, so am I :)

Congrats on your little girl :flower:

*waves* LO was planned, too tired to write my story, so will edit this post in the morning!

Hey I've seen you in the Second Tri forum. Didn't know you were 19 though, so am I :)

Congrats on your little girl :flower:

Hey! :D
Thanks, congrats on your bubs too!!
:)

Wow good for you! Congradulations on conceiving your LO :hugs: btw, my name is Lianne but everyone calls me Lili ;) best name of life!

MommaAlexis: :rofl: sounds good!

Hi Huni!

I'm 22 not techinically a teen but a young TTCer.
We're hoping to get pregnant soon and will tell our family our LO is planned we we are expecting :)

Hey

I was 20 when me and my fiance started ttc, i was 21 when we got pregnant and will be 22 when the baby is born! We have been living together for almost a year and are looking to rent somewhere with another bedroom for baby!

It took us nine months for us to conceive, I am currently at university and am in my second year, so will complete this year and then take next year out before returning.

My parents were really shocked when I told them but have been incredibly supportive, I didn't tell them that we were ttc and said that contraception failed. I think they would have been really upset if they had known that we were ttc, especially whilst I am still at uni and we haven't bought our own house etc...

:flower:

Hi I'm 19 now and pregnant with my second baby OH is 22. I was 17 (nearly 18) with my first when I fell pregnant and i forgot to go back on my pill after my weeks break but me and OH both decided would see what happened and fell pregant at the first chance so wasnt a complete accident. Had her at 18. When I first told my mum she was shocked and it took her a few days to come round but after a week or so she was just as excited as us :)
This time I was 19 and LO was 5 months when I found out. I had been on my pill for 3 months after giving birth and then decided to come back off it as we decided we wanted another baby. Came off my pill and once again fell pregnant straight away (think we must be very fertile)... Will be very careful after this one :haha: This time my mum new we wanted another one anyway and was happy straight away, think its easier to tell them with the second.

I would say in my case, it has changed our lives for the better and its honestly the best thing in the world. We live together and OH works, think it has a lot to do with whether its a good thing to try?
If you think your ready I would say you probably are and go for it :) So much to think about and it is hard at times xx

Aw I'm really sorry about the miscarriages :( But I do really hope this LO sticks! What did your mother say when you told her you were actually TTC?

She said she expected it it lol! I got married at 17 (just before I turned 18) and I'd always wanted to be a mum never wanted a career really just to be a mum so I don't think she was surprised, she was just really supportive and she was there when I did the pregnancy test with my daughter, she watched it develop because I was too nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"