Planning for a baby when money is tight?

tkeith8109

Reaction score
So we have 2 beautiful kids aged 4 and 6. I would love to have another, but honestly things are already a little tight. I don't want one right this second, but hopefully in the next year. I can't really control the income coming in and we can't get second jobs, but I would like to hear what others did to pay off debt and get ready for a baby. We won't start ttc until we are comfortable that we can afford it. We don't have to have everything,but living in a house and a bigger car are a must. Ideas or thoughts about this?

Not sure but stalking for ideas as I'm pregnant and we're skint! Dh just left his job to be self employed and I'm not going back after mat leave. So I need ideas!

Oh wow that is interesting! I think we are deciding to hild off until we get to where we are comfortable. Maybe that includes giving up things or trying to find ways to increase our income somehow.

Well for us it means I need to work 600 hours in order to qualify for maternity leave and pay. Which is only about 9 months on my 2 days a week schedule. We also shop for a lot of our groceries at Costco which saves us at least $200 a month and I cut our cable. My husband is a carpenter and does work on the side to make some spending money so that doesn't come out of our budget :). And I try and shop second hand for kids clothes and borrow baby stuff from friends like swing, crib wedge, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->