Plans for next cycle

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by AriesMom07, Apr 1, 2011.

1. AriesMom07

AriesMom07 Expecting # 2!

Tell me what you think I am fairly new to all of this so here goes.

My cycles average at 24 days. I only have three opks left and idk if I will be able to buy more before I need to use them.

April 6 -BD
    April 8- BD
    April 9-BD and use softcup
    April 10- OPK and BD using softcup
    April 11- OPK and BD using softcup
    April 12-OPK and BD using softcup

Most fertile days are supposed to be the 7- 12 so I figure I have my bases covered.

A question about opks...I read somewhere that the test line is supposed to be darker than the control line to be considered positive. I don't think I ever have had a darker test line its always lighter or the same color. Is that ok? Also how many days do you usually test positive? And when you get a positive OPK how long do you have until ovulation or does that mean you are ovulating now and you only have a 12-24 hour window? Thanks in advance I probably sound like a dumbass asking these things.

2. Hispirits

Hispirits Well-Known Member

hiya, well i think you'll have your bases covered. As far as i know the the test line is supposed to be darker than the control line, hard to believe isn't it?! and i have read both that theres is a 12 hour window and 24 for the egg to be fertilised. just keep bd up the days leading up to ov and a couple after.
    do you chart your bbt? i'm going to have ago at it this month for the first time, my af is due this sunday.
    i hope this has helped??? xxxxx

3. Rivetkitten

Rivetkitten Well-Known Member

I only test positive for about 12/18 hours. Then I'll ovulate about 2 days later.

I think if you DTD every other day over that time you'll catch the egg.

4. hellohefalump

hellohefalump Well-Known Member

That sounds good, good luck :dust:

5. AriesMom07

AriesMom07 Expecting # 2!

No I do not chart my BBT. I probably need to start. Just using the OPK's was a huge step for me I always assumed I would just get pregnant easily. I'm worried about the lines not being darker...I'm worried my extra weight is keeping me from ovulating right or something. If what they say is right then I have never had a positive OPK! Its never been darker. -sigh-

6. MrsG2010

MrsG2010 Well-Known Member

I think just as dark or darker is the rule on OPKs. Here is a very helpful website about opk's. I found it helpful. I also recommend temping. It's pretty easy to get the hang of - use www.fertilityfriend.com - and it'll guide you a long. I bought a basal thermometer for less than $10. good luck!

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html