Play Pen

K

kirsten1985

I don't really like the idea of using play pens inside (sorry to anyone who has them :flower:) as I like that Freya can go anywhere she likes within reason, and that she has lots of freedom.

However I need to sort my garden out, lol, and whenever I take Freya out with me she just eats stuff/crawls into a bush/sits in a wet patch lol. It's fine when I am playing with her as I can keep her under control but I need to get on with some gardening and can't do it with the sling on. I also could really do with it at the allotment.

I am looking at those big babydan/lindam ones, has anyone used one just for outside, what did you think of it, was it a good idea? Or does anyone use one inside and think it would work well outside?

Sorry if this is random and weird, but there is one right near me ending on ebay in 25 mins and it's about £40 and I am panicking about spending that on something I don't know anything about!

Ive never used one but I think its a great idea, a safe place for her to play whilst getting some fresh air and not eating anything too nasty (mostly just grass...LOL)

yeah i think its a good idea hun, tho i have no idea about that brand...what about buying a cheapo travel cot?? we keep ours up in the kitchen for if i'm on my own and i need to do cooking and need to keep Daisy away (like frying etc) tho i cant emember the last time i put her in it!LOL

Yeah I thought about a travel cot but I thought it'd be nice for her to get to the grass and stuff. She has already eaten part of a stick, and there's so many worms at the allotment it's a bit worrying :rofl:

Thanks, I will get that one then :D

could you try a UV summer tent so when it gets really sunny you wont have to worry about being in the sun to much. kinda like the ones you use on a beach i guess

I have a little tent, she gets really cross when I zip it up though lol, and she just gets right out if I leave it open. Will be great for the beach though. I got this playpen:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190380411244&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was going to post about this earlier but thought you'd all think I was awful for thinking of a playpen!!! I don't want to use one, but Leyla doesn't want to come with me everytime I leave the room and she's starting to wiggle around really quickly now.

I would love to get something like this and just build a low down play pen/wall to block off part of the room - https://www.quadroplay.co.uk - but I don't think we could afford it. It would be fab for when we get a garden one day though, and we could build on it and build something cool!

Ooh that looks amazing Rachel. I know I was so dubious about posting it, lol.

I thought about making a little fenced off area but it would cost so much and she climbs over everything so would have to be quite high, seems to make sense just to buy one, lol. Fence would look nice though lol.

rabbit run!!!!!!!:rofl:
TBH we maynot like it but they need to be safe and sometimes that means things like using a playpen! Better that she can come outside and play safely than eat cat poop or hurt herself on garden tools or have to be shut inside!

omg i have an even better idea...you know those spiral spikes you can get for dogs......atttach her to that somehow!!!! that will work ....:haha:

we have a play tent from ELC and just fill that with playballs and she'll happily sit there for ages in it throwing her balls about! You can buy crawl through tunnels to attach too. Maybe that could work with an outdoor splash mat underneath?

Lol, so I bought one, fetched it, set it up and she has been in it!

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/2010_0321nappie0006.jpg

I don't hang around lol! Seems to work well, she has a cold today though so is a grumpy moo but she stayed in it for a bit.

Cooool :)

We have a play pen but it's wooden and got wheels so don't think it would survive too well in the garden. Need to get gardening done too, we're starting to let the neighbourhood down...

Lol I wanted a wooden one but didn't think it was good for the garden, lol. They look nicer wooden though :)

i have one of those, we intend to use it as a room divider indoor as we have alot of home cinema stuff we need little fingers off.

I am seriously considering using my rabbit pen to put her in outdoors.. with a picnic rug on the floor she'll be fine... wonder how many looks I'll get off the neighbours?

Slightly off topic but same sort of idea - I really want Aisling outdoors when the weather gets warmer but we have 2 dogs so there's always going to be poo remnants on the grass and not enough to fence off for her. We're getting a pop up pool with those balls for her birthday, I guess that'd work or do they just get out really quickly?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->