Playing catch up to all of you!

RForReal

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! My first post here.. My husband and I have just started NTNP this month. The timing isn't perfect but I think there will always be a reason not to. I've been looking around this site for a little while now and reading all of the posts on here makes me feel like I am so far behind! Tell me I'm not alone in this! I have no idea when I ovulate.. and I don't really get many symptoms before af comes so, up until recently, I wasn't even really aware when af was on her way. I'm just starting to keep track and try to become more aware. Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and see if I'm the only one who feels this way.

Hey welcome, me and my other half have just started TTC seriously, although we were NTNP for nearly a year.

Everyone here is lovely and there is always help and support on hand. I have irregular cycles and didn't know when ovulated either. Plus I don't get af pains till she is here so I never knew when she was coming. So I decided to start keeping track of the length of my cycles - not that it helped at all they were like 31,45,42,78 etc :wacko:

So then decided to try opks (ovulation prediction kit) so been peeing on them and I actually got two days of positives.

I then purchased a saliva ovulation kit - basically you lick the lense and then look at it through the microscope bit and if you see a certain pattern your fertile :thumbup: It's actually very simple to use ( I had heard a lot of people say they are confusing) I thought as it is reusable it will save money in the long run and was only £20...bargain!

So using both of them I have been able to know when I ovulated for the first time ever. Unfortunately I'm more than likely out this month cause oh and I didn't get the nessasary baby dancing in on my fertile days :nope:

So I am excited for next month as I will be able to know when the right time is:winkwink:

Ps: sorry it's an essay

X

Thanks Jay900, good to know that I'm not alone in not knowing! I'm thinking about starting to use OPKs next month so I can tell when I'm ovulating but since we are NTNP it might be a little early for me to start.

I've heard about the saliva test. Does it work well? Just curious about all of these different things.

Hoping next month will be your month! :)

Thank you. Yeah I know what you mean about the opks while NTNP, I didn't use anything cause were we're relaxed about it. Unfortunately in the year of NTNP we never got lucky.

I only just heard about them. I spent ages looking at reviews online. Some were saying that are great and some were saying they are hard to read and a waste of money. But I thought for 20 quid I would chance it. And personally I don't see why there are any bad reviews. Wake up, lick microscope and leave to dry, go get washed and dressed, come back and have a look. And it will only look 3 different ways infertile, transition or fertile.

Good look baby making. Hope it happens quick for you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"