Playing Soccer After BFP

shibama

Reaction score
Hello!

I just received my BFP today. I have two boys that are 7 and 5 years old... I feel a little crazy for starting over again but I'm really excited :happydance:

I'm on a recreational soccer team and I have 3 games left. I honestly didn't think I would get pregnant this fast so I didn't think I'd have anything to worry about! I don't know if I should play the last games or if that would be silly.

Anyone have any input?

Your baby is tucked under your pelvic bone right now, so you're really unlikely to cause any harm. I'd consult a dr, but in my opinion, it'll probably be okay for a couple more weeks. Your uterus will start to peek up over your pelvic bone at 8 or 9 weeks, though.

Always check with your dr to be on the safe side. But generally speaking, whatever you were doing before your HPT is typically safe to continue. I know people who continued to train for their triathlon and then did their triathlon in the first tri!

The only thing I would worry about is getting pushed to the ground or slipping and falling or something like that. Any sort of trauma could cause the growing placenta to detach and cause miscarriage. Definitely check with your doctor, but I wouldn't risk it.

Thanks for the advice ladies!!

luz that is a good point! Like I said, it's just rec league so perhaps not worth the risk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->