Please Can Anyone Help ?

mummyb1

Reaction score
Hello everyone first of all I would like to say hello to everyone as I am new to this and I wish everyone ttc the best of luck and those who are pregnant or mummys congratulations.

Let me appologise for the length of this message before I start but I am just looking for advise as I am so confused right now its unreal and I thought this is the best place for some advise or help.

I have been ttc for around 6 months 2 weeks ago I was told that I was having an early misscarrage but all of the home pregnancy tests I took all came up negative it was only due to speaking with my doctor and a trip to my local a&e that I was told I had misscarried.

Just coming to terms with the fact that we had lost a baby and for some reason last night I had the urge to do a pregnancy test please do not ask me why because I really have no idea, but to my complete shock a faint positive came up straight away I didn't know what to do as all the other tests I had done when I was pregnant came up negative, I showed it to family to confirm that I was not seeing things and I even took a picture just so I knew I wasnt loosing the plot.

My initial thought was that my hormones still thought I was pregnant from the miscarrage but the test I done was the same as the ones I done when I was and they were all nagative and also the fact that I thought if you miscarried your hgc levels stayed the same and then lowerd after a few weeks not got higher well enugh to show on a test anyway (I do know that after a misscarrage pregnancy tests can still show posative for a number of weeks but mine was never positive in the first place)

So I quickly went to the local pharmacy and grabbed some more tests to see what was happening the one that came up positive was a Clearblue plus the second one I done was a Clearblue digital which came up as not pregnant so I done another one this one was Clearblue +plus with 7 signs and then again this morning I have done a First Responce however all of these ones have came out negative ?

I am so confused right now I dont know what this means I know some of you will ask the question why did I even take a test and the answer is I have no idea I just felt the need to do one and now I supose I am now clutching at straws in hope that I still have a chance to be a mummy.

Can anyone help or advise me or if anyone has been in a simular situation I am my wits end and driving myself crazy trying to decide whats happening here and to top it off I tried to call my doctor this morning but I cant speak with him until after surgry.

Sorry for the massive essay and thanks for everyone reading.

I don't have a real answer for you only some random facts that may shed some light...or possibly add to the overanayzing =) Some pregnancy tests are more sensitive then others. A lot of the ones in drug stores start detecting concentrations of hcg at 20 mlU/ml hcg and most are actually higher, as high as 50 or 100. So if your using different brands you could get different results. I just bought some that pick up concentration at 10! Also, it takes longer for the hcg to show up in urine. I don't remember the exact numbers but it goes a little like this: hcg can show up in blood as early as about 3 days after implantation (maybe 4 or 5 can't remember) and then it takes an additional amount of time, about another 4 days, to show up in urine. This is because red blood cells are broken down and the debri is taken out in the urine. So it seems as though you had the definition of a chemical pregnancy: one that tried to implant, but failed in the end, but managed to show up in labs and tests. So sorry you didn't get your sticky bean but you're not crazy!

Thanks very much for getting back to me sorry that I am only just replying.

After going mad wondering what is going on I did have a look on the internet and some of the tests and how sensitive they are I did do quite a few as I wanted to make sure and try different brands out, I done to Clearblue plus tests and they both had faint positives one was just noticeable and the otherone could not be missed so I then done Clearblue digital and then again first responce and after a few days I waited and done a cheepie one from the pound shop the digitals both said not pregnant and the first responce ones were again both neagative but the pound shop one had a faint positive, I seriously have no idea whats happening to me at the moment.

So I made an appointment with my doctor which i attended last Wednesday and he sent me for a blood test and the a scan after that to find out whats going on so now I am just awaiting my results there I can have a bit more of an idea whats going on.

Thank you very much for replying and helping me out with all your information its much appreciated, I hope you are well and I am wishing you the best of luck getting your bfp :)

Sorry to hear it's still driving you crazy. Keep me posted on the results and I hope you get your BFP soon too!

I will do thank you. How long have you been ttc ? I just saw that you have been diagnosed with pcos I have been to would be great to keep in contact to see how your getting on with everything :)

We've been trying for 25 months now and i'm on my 2nd round of clomid. I don't have PCOS as i don't have any symptoms of it and ALL of my labs came back fine, including testosterone, but for some reason i do have the "string of pearls" on both ovaries. and this is the doc's theory of why weren't not getting prego and why he put me on clomid. either way, i would like to keep in touch with you, i'm always looking for more buddies on here.

I am sorry to hear that you have been trying for a while I have my fingers crossed for you that this round of Clomid works for you :) I will have my fingers crossed for you. Oh that's strange as thats the exact same as me I have the string of pearls. I have not been on here long I only joined a little while ago while I was experiencing a misscarage to get some advise from others in simular situations. Will be great to keep in contact, wishing you all the best and fingerscrossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->