Please can you help me I am not sure if when I make up steralised bottles ready to ad

hutchy

Reaction score
Please can you help me I am not sure if when I make up steralised bottles ready to add the formula when needed, if I should be storing them in the fridge or out at room temp.:dohh:

I know my friend stored them out at room temp. Don't know if that helps. x

You'll get quite a few different opinions on it. I have heard of people keeping them at room temp and than adding formula as needed. We add the formula and store them in the fridge and warm up as needed

i add the formula and keep them in the fridge till needed then i heat em up

i leave mine on the side at room temperature and add the milk powder when needed. xx

You should add the formula asap, then cool the bottles. The reason being that formula is not sterile, so it needs to be added to boiling, or very hot water to kill any bugs that may be in it. If you add the formula to cooled water then there is no point in steralising in the first place, as the milk won't be sterile anymore. Keeping the bottles in the fridge also helps keep bugs at bay as they will breed and multiply if the bottles are kept at room temperature.

You can read more on the department of health's website.

i leave mine on the side at room temperature and add the milk powder when needed

^^ Thats what I done too!! At the time Noah was on formula the government website info changed so I just stuck to room temp!!

I found it far easier as there was no heating - I just added the formula, gave the bottle a shake and that was that. Handy for a screaming baby in the middle of the night!

Everyone does it diff - I'd say do what you think is best for you & your LO.

One of my friends carried round a flask of hot water everywhere she went and made bottles as she needed but then she had to wait for it to cool.

i was told by hv to add powder just before feed not to add it then keep it in the fridge , so ive always done fresh when he wants bottle . xx

I make bottles up,and then leave them on the side until they need warming up for her to have. :)

Hi hun, I sterlise the bottles and add the boiled water, leave to cool then store in the fridge. When needed warm up the water, add the milk and feed.

My HV and the box of milk states that once milk powder is added then it is only good for 1hour.

xx

I store the bottles in the fridge then add the milk when due a feed then warm the bottle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->