Please don't judge - Alcohol

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
Last night I had 250ml of 4% cider with my meal after my LO had gone to be. Since 3Weeks she has sleep 5hrs+ after being put down at that time. But last night she woke after 1hr and half Screaming for milk.. and I was completely unprepared. Since i have Googled it and they say not to drink at all til baby is three months and my baby is 7weeks:nope: I have been up all night, worrying and feeling guilty and just want to know some facts/experience. I am really worried

She'll be fine. :) There are plenty of people who don't pay any mind to the three month recommendation.

250mL at 4% is not a great deal of alcohol, especially considering how little of that actually gets into your milk. Don't beat yourself up over it!

I wouldn't worry at all, I've never heard the 3 month rule.

I would not get DRUNK when your baby is small, but having an alcoholic beverage is not going to make it into your milk too much. I plan to have a glass of wine as soon as DD is born....(okay, probably will wait until I'm out of the hospital...)

I've never heard that about 3 months either! I certainly didn't do that :haha:

As others have said I wouldn't worry about it :flower:

Don't worry lo will be absolutely fine, I have never heard the 3 mth rule either xx

Alcohol barely gets through breastmilk anyway....like 0.008% or something. Don't beat yourself up.

Ya I wouldn't worry at all. I've never heard the 3 month thing either. However, I have heard barely any alcohol makes it to your breast milk anyways and by three hrs it completely metabolized out of your system.

I had a beer in the hospital the night ds was born. No judgies here!

I regularly have a glass of port or baileys after dinner. The other night I had a glass of rosé then a baileys coffee at the pub with my meal.
Xx

I have never heard of the three month rule, and would regularly and a glass of wine several nights a week.

My friend was having trouble with her milk supply and her midwife recommended that she drink Guiness beer. So maybe you actually helped things! I wouldn't tie your cider to your baby's waking. Just a coincidence.

Thank you for making me feel less guilty!
It's not that I think the cider is responsible for her waking, it's that I had the cider and then she unexpectedly woke demanding to be fed an hour and half after my cider. So I was worried she would of got alcohol in her system:nope:
But if so little gets in, and the three month rule isn't guideline.. then hopefully its ok!
Thank you ladies:flower:

She'll be just fine. I've never heard of the three month guideline, either, but I regularly have a glass of wine in the evenings.

im not sure really! I thought it was a teeny amount that passed to the milk, but recently ive heard that it is the same amount in your milk that is in your blood stream at the time of feeding.

I havnt drank so not bothered to do the research on it.

I've never heard the three month rule either. What I've heard most frequently from reputable sources is that if you're safe to drive, you're safe to drink. I'm sure your little bit of cider wasn't a problem.

There's a three month rule? Whoops, my LO is three weeks and I had a small glass of wine at a barbeque yesterday...

im not sure really! I thought it was a teeny amount that passed to the milk, but recently ive heard that it is the same amount in your milk that is in your blood stream at the time of feeding.

I havnt drank so not bothered to do the research on it.

Both things are true: It is the same amount in your milk that's in your bloodstream, and that's a teeny amount.

Here it is in simple terms. In many countries, the legal blood-alcohol level to drive is 0.08%. This means that your blood has an alcohol content of 0.08%.

I don't know about you, but if I have had enough drinks to hit 0.08 BAC, I feel quite drunk. One glass of wine wouldn't do it. I'd need to have four or five within a couple of hours.

A standard glass of wine has an alcohol content of anywhere from 10-14 percent. A beer or cider has a content of around 4 percent.

Let me put that side by side.
Alcohol content of wine: 12 percent
Alcohol content of cider: 4 percent
Alcohol content of milk of a woman too drunk to drive: 0.08 percent

As you can see, it's a teeny amount. Don't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->