Please don't judge me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nattys

TTC no.2
Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart I write this post. I wanted to tell my story but fear that I will be judged or worse.
Here it goes ....
on 17th January I went for my 12 wk scan feeling on top of the world. When doing the NT test I was told my baby had a 7.3mm fold & there was a 1:5 chance it had a chromosome problem. The bottom of my world collapsed, not because of the fact that my baby wouldn't be 'perfect' but because I knew of the many health concerns some of these sydromes have. A week later I had a CVS carrried out and futher detailed scans, it was not something I entered into lightly. On 26th January the Dr called & confirmed a diagnosis of Down Syndrome but also a severe heart condition which meant IF I was lucky enough to carry the baby full term it would then have to have major heart surgery as soon as it was born. My husband & I were suddenly faced with the toughest decision we have ever had to make, whether or not to continue with the pregnancy. It was a heart breaking thought as only 2 weeks ago I was on cloud nine! After a long and difficult 2 days we have decided not to continue. I only ever wanted the best for my baby but I don't think it is fair to put him or her through so much pain or either for my family.
I really hope someone understands why I did what I did and don't think to badly of me x

I don't think badly of you at all, you made a very tough decision but the one that was right for you. I hope you recover quickly and give your heart some time to mend. :hugs:

Hey Hun

That sounds really difficult *hugs*. If you wanted to, you can ask for access to the ethical losses section where others have been through similar things

Gosh, honey, I'm so sorry to hear you've been through all this stress and trauma. You will only have love and support from me. Sending you strength to get through the difficult times that 'may' be ahead.

There is a section on baby and bump called 'ethical loss', perhaps you could post in there also to get the maximum understanding and advice?

Xxxxx

hi hun i do not have experience of this but justwanted to suggest maybe request entry to the ethical prenatal loss section(i think thats whats its called ) as i think others in there will have been in your shoes bug :hugs: im so sorry you have had to go through this x

:hugs: no person in their right mind would judge what you have done, you made a very hard decision that only u and your OH could make. I should imagine it took alot of talking and tears before the decision was made :hugs: I know its easier said than done but keep smiling, hold your head high, u have not done anything to be ashamed or embarassed over.

awww hun of course no-one is going to judge you! What an awful situation to be in, I believe you did the best thing for your child, a totally unselfish decision.. as you say one of the toughest decisons you will ever have to make.
Take care and hope to see you here again soon :hugs::hugs: xx

I don't think you're bad for making the choice that's right for you. It must have taken incredible strength to come to ANY decision.
:hugs: I'm sincerely sorry for your loss, and commend you in your strength and bravery.

Honey, I'm so sorry this has happened. It could have happened to anybody, please don't blame yourself.

I am sure nobody will judge you - you are doing the right thing for you. As long as you have thought it through and have weighed everything up in a considered way, you will be making the right decision.

If anyone says otherwise - you never know what you 'would do' unless you are in this exact situation.

Take care :hugs:

Aw hun anyone who has not been through what you have been through will ever know what they would do in that situation even if they think right now they would still proceed they cant possibly know that unless they had been there, i dont think anyone on here will for a split second judge you xkx

i would say though that you will probably get even more support and answers from the miscarriage support section. i go in there every now and then, a friend of mine lost her baby at 13 weeks and found myself thinking am i saying the right things to her, there are some really really lovely people in that section who fully understand what you are going through and can offer some really good help and advice for you

i am so sorry for everything you are going through, it is one of my worst nightmares and hope every second that we are blessed with another healthy baby

i am so sorry i hope you can find some people who can help you through this time better than i can

big hugs xkx

:hugs::hugs:i don't judge you at all. I used to work in a childrens hospital and have seen 1st hand what babies with severe heart defects go through in terms of surgery and quality of life. I don't know what I would do if I were in your position but I completely respect the choice you have made. My heart goes out to you, your OH and your wee angel. I hope one day you will feel strong enough to try again and will have a happy healthy pregnancy.

I've you been to the ethical losses section? I think you'll get loads of support there:hugs:

That is such a difficult decision to make :hugs: Be strong! No one here is judging you hun.

aww hunny that is such a hard decision you had to make! but, it was truly up to you and your OH and God, and that is the decision that suited you best. i know its easier said than done, but with my miscarriage my motto that i truly believed in was time heals all wounds. praying for you. xx

Thank you so much ladies xxx I will have a look at the ethical loss forums to x

Im with the other ladies, it is nobodys bussiness to judge!!
My thoughts are with you and your OH. Stay strong xx

Nobody is going to judge you hun, you have had to make one of the most difficult and horrifying decisions any mother will ever have to go through. I'm so sorry your baby was sick - she'll be so much healthier in heaven where she can try to come back in a body that works properly!

I'm so so sorry you have to go through this. As a mother, you are protecting your baby and that's exactly what you have done. Even at just 12 weeks you may find solace in naming her and having a ceremony - I hope that you recover quickly and I'm so so sorry for your loss.

:cry:
:hugs:

I'm not trying to "judge" you, but to be honest... I cannot help but feel disturbed.

I am so sorry you had to go through this heartbreaking decision. I can only imagine how difficult that decision must have been to make. My heart goes out to you both and your families. Please don't worry about judged, you had to make the right decision for yourselves.
I hope you have a good recovery and wish you a healthy pregnancy when you are ready :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->