Please don't judge me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to "judge" you, but to be honest... I cannot help but feel disturbed.

Why do you feel disturbed?

My mom has spent her whole life making children with DS, autism, ******ation, etc... better. You wouldn't believe how many people have said that they just shouldn't be here. My own art teacher told me (in 7th grade!), that she had a brother who was born with DS, and they just sent him off to some place to live, because that's where people like that belong. People with disabilities can bring a lot of love and happiness to a family, whether they are functional or not. There are families that I know who adopt children who have problems because it means something to them. Yes, it is hard and sometimes painful, but abandoning or "terminating" your child for any reason, is disturbing.

Honestly, who do you think you are?

This woman is a REAL person with REAL feelings, just because you can't see her right now doesn't mean she isn't there at all!!

What is the point, it's already done? And whether you agree or not it's bloody nothing to do with you!

OP, :hugs:

Posting without actually reading through what I wrote actually just makes you look a bit stupid. Especially if you're going to be a bit extra nasty, as I tried to be respectful. Oh, and don't tell people about judging people, when you are judging them. Lmao. Seriously.:dohh:

You can't really post something for anybody in the world to read, and ask not to be judged. If you have to ask to be judged, you're expecting that what you are about to address is going to bother other people in some way.

That said, I said what I needed to to the OP herself, and the rest of you can bug off. Okay, thanks, buh-bye.

I offer all my sympathies ((hugs)) My thoughts are with you and your family.

:hugs: Massive hugs.

It must have been such a horrible decision to make, one that no parent EVER wants to make. I hope you can go on to have a healthy baby in the future.

As others have mentioned, the ethical losses section is private, so you can talk to others without feeling pressured or worried to post....

xxxxx

Posting without actually reading through what I wrote actually just makes you look a bit stupid. Especially if you're going to be a bit extra nasty, as I tried to be respectful. Oh, and don't tell people about judging people, when you are judging them. Lmao. Seriously.:dohh:

Ah, can see you haven't been on this forum long enough to realise .. the above won't get you anywhere :thumbup:

Cannot see where i have judged, i have given nothing but support to OP. The only person who judged and ridiculed was you.

You can't really post something for anybody in the world to read, and ask not to be judged. If you have to ask to be judged, you're expecting that what you are about to address is going to bother other people in some way.

That said, I said what I needed to to the OP herself, and the rest of you can bug off. Okay, thanks, buh-bye.

Ah didn't noticed you had edited your post :)

Bye :hi:

Ah, can see you haven't been on this forum long enough to realise .. the above won't get you anywhere :thumbup:

Cannot see where i have judged, i have given nothing but support to OP. The only person who judged and ridiculed was you.

Yeah, cause I definitely care about what people on the internet think of me. Please.

time and place girls :(

xxx

Yeah, cause I definitely care about what people on the internet think of me. Please.

You sound like a nice person :)

Thought you were going?

Awwwww babe I was praying for good outcome for u and I'm in tears thinking of u right now,for anyone to judge u would b disgusting and I don't think anyone with a heart ever would,down syndrome is a very difficult thing to face without the heart condition aswell and not knowing if they could survive such a big operation in the first place,my heart goes out to u and ur dh and please yake care of yourselves and get eachother through this difficult time xx

xxx

It's a hard one to ignore though!
x

I'm not trying to "judge" you, but to be honest... I cannot help but feel disturbed.

Why do you feel disturbed?

My mom has spent her whole life making children with DS, autism, ******ation, etc... better. You wouldn't believe how many people have said that they just shouldn't be here. My own art teacher told me (in 7th grade!), that she had a brother who was born with DS, and they just sent him off to some place to live, because that's where people like that belong. People with disabilities can bring a lot of love and happiness to a family, whether they are functional or not. There are families that I know who adopt children who have problems because it means something to them. Yes, it is hard and sometimes painful, but abandoning or "terminating" your child for any reason, is disturbing.

Honestly, who do you think you are?

This woman is a REAL person with REAL feelings, just because you can't see her right now doesn't mean she isn't there at all!!

What is the point, it's already done? And whether you agree or not it's bloody nothing to do with you!

OP, :hugs:

xxx

I second this. One of you need to walk away and take the high road. This is not helpful :(

I was, but then I realized how much I like people on the internet acting like chickens with their heads cut off, just because somebody said what they were actually thinking... with their morals and all.

I am not judging at all for you having an abortion, i have been in that situation myself when i was alot younger and would never judge anyone for it.

I do however agree with the lady who posted about it upsetting people because it could be seen as that way because there are people who believe all children should be cherished no matter what.

I think the OP did what she thought was best for her child in the long run because i dont think i would be able to cope as well with a child with disabilities and this is coming from somebody who has worked with children with disabilities and have family history of Downs, Autism, Asperges and Spina bifida.

My aunt had a daughter before i was born (or any of her sons who are all now over 30) and she was born with spina bifida and only lived for 6 weeks, she suffered alot of pain and agony in those short 6 weeks and my aunt says that if she could have made the decision to terminate her pregnancy and save her daughter from that much pain she would have a million times over. Obviously i know medicine has improved so much in the last 30 years but still things cannot be helped and im sure if the OP thought she would be able to provide her baby with a great life then she wouldn't have aborted.

All i say for the matter is Quality of life is most important not Quantity of life.

I'm sorry for upsetting your thread OP, but i can't stand it when people do that xxxx :hugs:

https://artheat.net/uploaded_images/633669119863087455-sadcat-763865.jpg

Just wanted to send you a hug him :hugs: my friends little boy was born with a heart problem. He has 6 operations in 6 months but he is doing well. But ultimately it's your descion and not an easy one at that. So I wish you all the luck in the world :hug: x

thread closed per forum rules and TOS:

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

To the OP can I suggest that you repost your thread in the Ethical Prenatal Losses area to get the support you need :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back