Please Ease My Mind - HCG Levels!

jenny9276

Mother of 3 TTC #4
Reaction score
Ok, so I went in to my doc and did a urine hpt, and up popped a VERY faint line. They said it was positive, but BARELY. Based on spotting I had from 2/16 to 2/19, he said I am 2 weeks and 2 days pregnant - maybe 10DPO. He sent me for a quantitative blood test, which I had done the next morning (11DPO), and my HCG level was 5. I go today for a redraw, but I am nervous - this baby had me at "positive". Is 5 an ok level for being a day or two past implantation? I've read so many conflicting things on the internet - that it has to start somewhere, that HCG isn't produced until 24-48 hour AFTER implantation, that 5 and below is negative, but 5 and above is positive (so what does THAT mean if I am AT 5????). I've seen charts that say 0 to 7 days levels are 0 to 5, and other charts that say 3 weeks levels are 5 to 50. I'm so lost. Anyone have a non pregnant beta number for comparison? Or anyone else have a value of 5 so early and continue the pregnancy?

TBH the only way you will know for certain is on the second blood draw - The opening number is bound to be low - it has to start at 1, then 2 then 4 then 8 etc. and so although I am a little surprised you tested positive at 5 but you say it was faint so that could explain it. While you wait I would test again in the morning and see if your line is darker.

Thanks....I'm so nervous. I wonder what the odds are that I could ALWAYS have a level of 5 in my system?

Hoping for a sticky bean for you! Keep us posted! Was this your first urine/blood test at your doctor's office? If it's the second or more, then they probably know what your normal levels are and maybe that's why they felt comfortable enough to give you a faint positive at 5 HCG. I've read that some women do naturally have HCG in their urine, but I wouldn't know what was normal. Also some fertility drugs can play a role. There's just a variety of factors that are all probably running through your mind. :)

Yes, first urine test showed up faintly positive at docs, so Wednesday was my first blood draw. today I had the 2nd draw - but now I have to wait until MONDAY to find out what today's levels were! ARGH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->