Please help!! B.h or early contractions! Getting scared UPDATE xxx

hollysmmy

Mummy to one +. Expecting
Reaction score
Hey ladies hope ur all well. I'm kinda freaking out here and would be extremely greatful for any advice please. I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my second and ever since Monday afternoon I've been having alot of period type pains and now starting to get lower back pain. They seem to be getting a bit more uncomfortable as the day goes on they seem to get to a peak and go as from what I remember that's what contractions do. Am I bring mega paranoid and it's just bh?? They are also getting closer together. Would u ladies get checked? I had a training day yesterday at work so wasn't too busy or anything it was alot more sitting about really. Have tried drinking lots but seem to be no better. Thanks so much for your advice xxx

Get checked. I've never been in labour but what your describing seems a bit more than bh. It might be nothing but always wise to check things out. Please go to your midwife or doctor xxx

I've been searching other people's posts to do with b.h and it's making me even more confused :-/ xxx

I get bh- if I've been overdoing things sometimes they fairly frequent. But they never normally sore- just uncomfortable. And usually if I rest up they ease off. U could always try having a warm bath.. See if that eases them off? Xxx

Thanks hun. Now gunna have a bath and go from there. Will prob call Cds after just to be on the safe side thank u xxx

Why haven't you asked me sis!!!! Plonker!! Take 2 paracetamol, aswell as your bath and if you have one use a hot water bottle. Works wonders!
The more pregnancies you have the more uncomfy bh gets :( Let me know how you get on today I will make sure my phone's on if you need me!
Yes I may be about to embarrass you on here but tough LOOOVVVEEEE YYYOOOUUUU :haha:

Sorry sis!!! Just trying to wrap my head around it all and see whst my body is up to. Xxx

Bodies are pains in the bum at times. You have a great support network as well as the lovely ladies here so your never alone :) xxxxx

Aw what a nice sis you have holly! That's made me smile :) my big sis has given me loads of advice for this preg- and she usually right. Whenever I have tummy pain/ cramps first thing she always advises me is..have a number two! Lol. An usually that helps too! Lol. Hope u feel better soon after a nice bath! Xxx

Thank you :D I am the big sis (there are 4 of us all girls) I like to try and help when I can not that they listen :p
Hope your pregnancy is going smoothly :) xxx

How are things Holly?
I know kwhen I had my contractions with my 27 weeker, people were keen to tell me it may just be normal pregnancy or BH. This was not the case. If you are still experiencing it I would really recommend getting checked over, as time is of the essence. Absolutely NOT trying to scare you, but I have been in your shoes posting here on third tri and I should have just got up and went straight to the hospital.

I agree with the poster above! I had my daughter at 29 weeks and had contractions for 24 hours before going to the hospital because everyone told me it was just normal pregnancy stuff, I'm sure in your case it probably is, but only the midwife can tell you for sure. It's always better to get checked :flower:

Thanks girls
Well I went to CDs just to get checked over- feel no better now than whst I did before. Baby's heartbeat was fine which is fantastic!! The doc checked over my bump and said all is fine- which again is great! But as she was checking me over she asked if I as having the tightening or pain and I said no, after she finished she said all feels ok.surely if I'm not having the pain or tightening then all will be fine!! She said they won't put me on the monitor to check for contractions or anything as I'm not 28 weeks (I'm 27 weeks and 5 days!!!!!) as it will cause more worry! She refused also to do an internal to see if anything was going on down there either! What a waste of time! So still feel none the wiser :-( any advice on whst next? Thanks so much ladies xxxxxx

Hmm and how are u feeling? When I was 26 weeks preg I went into L&D with reduced movement and they put my on monitor.. The one that checks for hb and also contractions... So I find it odd they told u they wouldn't put you on it at 27+ weeks to make sure all was well. Surely if the monitor picked up anything to cause worry then it would mean there was actually something to be worried about!.. I know for me the monitor picked up no contractions.. Just babies movement and hb which was fine.
I'm a little lost on what to advise! On the bright side at least the doc felt that everything seemed ok? Xxx

Btw that's so amazing you sisters are due practically the same day!! Must be lovely being preggers together! Xxx

We are due the same day! Hee hee hee. Errrmmmm I don't feel great as I'm still worried! I felt they just fobbed me off and that was it :-( usually if I have concerns they are so lovely! Ill b goin back if they do get worse I'm not risking my baby! I don't understand the monitor thing either it doesn't make any sense! Surely that will give the answers we all want! Now feel abit lost and disappointed! Xxx

The whole thing with the monitor is a lot of crap, I had monitors on both my pregnancies at 27+3 and 27+4 . Midwives tried to fob me off until they finally decided to check me and I was 9cm :dohh:

Are you still in pain? x

O my god!!! I can't believe they did that to u atomic kitten!!!why do they do it!! I can't believe it! I don't feel good but now I'm even more worried than I started out. I've got a contraction app on my phone do in the next couple of hours I'm going to use that and write it all down to show them- if it doesn't settle or gets any worse ill be going straight back? Should I have protested more?? I'm worried I haven't done enough :-/ xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->