Please help =( Baby diarrhea almost a week now

Rachel89

Reaction score
My baby has diarrhea for almost a week now since Sunday he has 10 poopy diapers a day and normally doesn;t even poop everyday. He still isn't fully on solids, and it is even a miracle if he has half a meal a day, we are working hard at it but he won't have it.

He is FF (he just turned 1 on September 22nd), and it is recommended no milk only pedialyte I tried that..and he drank almost 2 of the bottles.

What am I to do? Is it okay for me to just give him strictly pedialyte until it goes away?

did you call his dr? if not, please do. diarrhea isn't good that long.

Yes, I did! And she informed me that a stomach bug/virus is going around and no formula. She is putting ''her babies'' on a week ''diet (not literally as in to lose weight)'' of all certain foods they can and cannot eat and for me to come pick up the list. Then she asked on which formula he is, and I said sensitive and then she said to give it to him (since he barely eats solids and is now refusing it) and to give him that and just a bit of pedialyte....

I don't trust her advice!!!!

From what I read milk/cowsmilk (obviously not breast milk) can worsen diarrhea and should be cut out along with a lot of other foods.

Keep up the fluids.

I'd try a half an eyedropper full of pepto. Dd had some wicked explosions during a rough teething patch. That helped!

My lo had diarrhea for 10 days! We were recommended by the doctor to let him have as much milk as he wants (he's breast fed) and only simple solids like toast or banana. We could have given him some diaralyte as a last resort. You don't want to stop milk though, fluids are vitally important in preventing dehydration when babies have diarrhea.

My lo had diarrhea for 10 days! We were recommended by the doctor to let him have as much milk as he wants (he's breast fed) and only simple solids like toast or banana. We could have given him some diaralyte as a last resort. You don't want to stop milk though, fluids are vitally important in preventing dehydration when babies have diarrhea.

True, but he is FF and apparently that type of milk isn't good for them during this time.

Mine too! My doctor told me that there is a Gastroenteritis bug going around and that is perfectly normal for it to last for around 2 weeks. My LO is not having it quite as rough as yours with only around 1 or 2 poopy nappies a day (although extremely noisy farty nappies that end up EVERYWHERE!) but doc did do a thorough check for dehydration, foreign objects and allergies and found nothing so I guess we just have to ride it out. My LO is still taking all of her milk feeds and is picking at meals so I'm not too worried. She is fine in herself too, no different except for the nappies.

I forgot to mention that my baby is FF on Aptamil follow on and my doctor told me to keep up the feeds as normal, giving her as much as she wants and as often as she wants and to only feed her foods that she's had many times before and have never caused any reaction because changing anything now could make it worse.

Okay hun thank you so much! Maybe it is not recommended since he is pooping 10x a day and he still is and we are on day 6 :-/ I am feeling very worried

Monday we're seeing his doctor again.

We went through this just recently. LO had explosive nappies that were frothy and greeny/yellow, they would leak EVERYWHERE. Anytime he slept at night, I can assure you his Grobag and crib sheets would have poo all over them. We took him to the doctors 3 times and had stool tests done that came back with nothing. After about 10 days, it stopped and he cut him second top tooth. No idea if that was what caused it, as he has never had anything like it for all of his other six teeth? Couldn't imagine ONE tooth would cause such bad diarrhea for such a long time???

Random, my baby is doing this too! I had a tummy bug myself last week. I want sure if he was going to cut a tooth or he caught the bug though, as he does get bad nappies when teething and he had the red cheeks.
must be something going around poor babies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->