Please help baby sleep question

babymumm

My beautiful son matthew
Reaction score
Hi I am a single mum of a baby boy (8 months) hes so adorable hes happy most of the time and even though its hard sometimes he is my world

I am just having a really confusing,hard time trying to get his sleep right..basically he naps every 3 hours,if he doesnt nap he gets extremely upset,so I try be consistent,in total he naps about 3 hours a day which,from wht iv'e read is,about right..my problem is he is,always really tired and ready for bed at 4.30/5 pm!! He has bedtime routine and always goes straight to sleep once its finished

My main issue is that I feel because of his,early bedtime he wakes up ready for the day at 4.30/5 am and sometimes is wide awake at 3am!! I breastfeed and he wakes to nurse every 3 hours (i dont have a problem with that) but I am getting a bit fed io as I have to go to bed early incase he up at 3am and I never really get any "me"time.
My main questions are: how do I get him yo want to go bed slightly late without him.being overtired?
should I extend his awake time,ive tried but he just gets,really tired?
And how do I get him to wake later..i feel if I keep him up after 5 he,will still b up at 5 am but more tired..sorry bout the looonnng post,any advice is much appreciayed thankyou!! :)
Single bfeeding attatchment parenting mum to my beautiful son xx

My LO is seven and a half months and his 'routine' is this (he set this himself):

Wake up - between 6:30 and 8am (this varies every few days)
Nap 1 - between 2 and three hours after he wakes up (45 minutes max - my son is a cat napper!)
Nap 2 - between 2 and three hours after he wakes up from previous nap - again, no longer than 45 minutes, often 30-40
He may or may not have a short (30 min) nap between 3:30 and 4:30 if we drive anywhere but usually not
Bedtime routine starts at 6pm and he's asleep by 7 latest.

My LO is an awful napper so I don't know how helpful that is. He sleeps through 12/13 hours though.

Could you very gradually push back his bed time by 10 minutes every couple of days. Like you say, keeping him up much longer beyond his usual bedtime all at once might be too much for him x

Could you very gradually push back his bed time by 10 minutes every couple of days. Like you say, keeping him up much longer beyond his usual bedtime all at once might be too much for him x

Thankyou yes that what ive been trying to push his naps and bedtime a lil bit..he actually sat up for furst time ever and slept well that night (no crazy wide awakeness) so im wondering if it something to do with that? And thanks.for replies..
I just cant seem to figure it out..also has anyone got any good tips on gently getting him to.night wean fron breast? I donot believe in cio but I know he doesnt "need" to be fed at night x tia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->