Please help clear my doubt on ovulation

happy138

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Am new to posting here. My last cycle was Feb 8 to feb 13. We went for a follicular study (transvaginal scan) from Feb 17. On Feb 17, doctor said there was a follicle of 18.8 mm on my right ovary and it was too early to see a follicle. Also my uterus thickness at that time was nly 2.5mm. So doctor put me on some estrogen tablets for three days to increase my lining. We went for our next scan on Feb 20. This time uterine lining was 5 mm but the follicle was not to be seen. Doctor was not so sure I ovulated. She said there would be some fluid if I had ovulated but it was missing. She said you may have ovulated or maybe not. My cycles are average of 32 days. She said uterine lining s maybe growing gradually.
My doubt is how long after ovulation is the fluid visible in a vaginal scan? How long it stays in the uterus? Because we went for the scan after 2 days after spotting the follicle I have this doubt. Anyone been in a similar situation? Please clarify :wacko:

Don't know anything about scans for ovulation I'm afraid. Is there a medical reason behind them scanning or doubt over whether you are ovulating or something? If so I would ask for an appointment with your doctor to discuss the results of the scan.

I had a scan the day after ovulation and had free fluid from the follicle rupturing.

Thank you both for your replies!
Hardd2011 ya in my scan the free fluid was missing two days after seeing the follicle so am not sure if I ovulated. Hope that my next cycle turns out positive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->