Please help eBay issue

lau86

Reaction score
I put my bugaboo chameleon on eBay tonight and specified collection only with cash on collection. Well someone 'bought' it (was buy it now) and has sent me a message saying can I courier it with a 2 hour collection window? I believe they will pay for this though haven't clarified that. My problem is 1) how do I package the thing 2) how does she pay? I'm under the impression pay pal can 'take' the money if the buyer decides they want a refund... What do I do? I'm not really comfertable with it and know it would sell but can I say no to this person when she's already won the item?

did u say pick up only ? i wudnt post it ,and yes if she isnt happy with it she cud open a claim / return it bk damaged or anything :/

Yes you can, explain it was for collection only and you have no way of sorting out packaging for it so unless they can collect it in person you will have to cancel the sale.

Yes you can say no. You specified collection only and if they cant read, its tough. Open a dispute. I wouldnt courier something either unless i knew i had a suitable box for it!

Can't I just relist it? I've sent a message saying I've got no way of packaging it

yeh do tht but open a case on ebay as ur listed pick up only x otherwise she can leave neg feed back i think

If you cancel it properly the buyer won't get a strike for not paying and you'll get your fees back (otherwise you're going to be seriously out of pocket!)

Oh gosh so how do I cancel it properly?

Ok I've sent the buyer a message to cancel the transaction, is that right?

open up a dispute hun :) because if you dont cancel properly your have to pay the fees for the sale even though you didnt sell it to her which means if u list again your end up paying fees twice

DO NOT send the woman this item.
if she arranges and pays for the delivery by courier then she has all the paperwork and will most likely tell ebay her item never arrived and ask for a refund.
tell her its collection only and cancel the sale if she is unwilling to collect

Make sure you cancel properly hun as if it sold for a fair amount your fees could be £10+

I hate ebay for reasons like this, cancel it all properly hun, not your fault she is a douche bag and either didnt read, or presumed you would be fine :flower:

At the side of the item on the pull down list, it's should say cancel transaction. I really wouldn't send it especially if she is organising the courier as well.

As others have said hun. Cancel the transaction and relist :flow:

Still waiting for her to respond!! Am I right in thinking that If she hasn't within 7 days It automatically gets cancelled? I'm fuming now I want it gone!!

You shouldn't cancel transaction-if she now refuses to cancel then you are unable to open a unpaid case against her so you would then be liable for the final value fees and I just sold my cam on there and had £24 fees at the end so know you may end up seriously out of pocket. I never cancel transaction, unpaid case all the way so you are guaranteed to get fees back..
Also like a PP said-never let a buyer organise the courier, you are not protected then and never let a buyer pay with paypal and then collect as they can then claim non receipt and get their money refunded.

Oh no, gosh I dot know what to do now. eBay is so confusing! I'll email her and try and appeal to her better nature.

The dispute will go in your favour because it was the buyer that made a mistake not you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->