Please help! Having difficulties tying BH on my own :(

spacecadet

1st time mum
Reaction score
I do love my mei tai babyhawk.. But I just can't do a back carry unless someone else helps me!!
I've been practising over the bed etc but have quite a wriggly toddler!
I'm considering selling it and getting a connecta integra instead cos I love wearing violet on my back ( and she loves it too)
I have an old arm injury and am 6 months preg too and the long straps are causing me hassles...
Any suggestions anyone??
Are the connectas easier to use?
Thanks in advance if anyone rreplies xxx

i've seen a video of someone using the corner of the couch

putting MT down first, then sit LO up in it, then tie on bottom then do top before standing up.

i guess they use the corner to control the wiggling a bit.

i am looking to get a babyhawk MT so i'll keep my eye on this thread for any useful hints! :)

Thanks for yr reply! I have managed to put LO in it a couple of times sitting in the car but if she's wriggling makes it so hard!
Mainly it's my weak arm causing difficulties tying the straps tightly enough and holding her on my back whilst fiddling for the straps..
I'm also quite short so thinking of trimming the straps a bit but worried that will affect the resale value of the MT..
It's just not easy :(

Sorry I can't help much about how to actually tie it as I always wear Leyla on my front, but instead of cutting the straps I would probably fold them back on themselves and hand stitch them like that, so they're shorter but not permanantly so :)

Thanks rachel that's a great idea! I think that's half the prob u see that I'm getting all tangled up as the straps seem soo long!
I just wish I could put LO in a sling then put it on my back like a rucksack or something!
She's not even heavy only about 21lbs..
Does anyone have a connecta and like it?

sounds like a beco butterfly might suit you, it's a little bit fiddly compared to other carriers though. You pop your LO in the insert then lift them onto your back holding them under there arms with the straps too. Slip the straps over your shoulders, fasten the chestbelt then fasten the waist and your done. No doubt there'll be videos on youtube to show you better. I have tried connectas but prefer other SSCs over them personally. Manducas are good and the babyhawk oh snap gets fab reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->