Please help, I'm so confused

bump.on.brain

Reaction score
Please help me, I am so confused. I have posted a few times on here recently, because of weird things going on with my body. About 4 weeks ago AF arrived on 27 days which has never happened for me before, only lasted 48 hours and was really light. I initially put it down to stress, but after being nauseous and vomiting the week after I started to wonder if I might be pregnant. So I took 3 FRER, all of which give me awful evaps (a faint but visible pink line at about 15-30 mins). I then took 4 ASDA tests which were all BFN. So I wrote it off and tried to forget about it.

This cycle I have been 31 days as normal (I'm irregular but vary between 28-34 days) but again only lasting 48 hours and light. I have been feeling weird flutterings and small pops over the last week or so and thought that they were like when I was pregnant, but when AF arrived last week decided it must be wind or muscle spasms and again tried to ignore it. But the feelings have got stronger and more frequent to the point that one made me jump at work today. So I bought a FRER on the way home (should have gone for a different brand, stupid!) and got a faint but visible second line again, but this time at 3 minutes. Can you get an evap in the time frame!?

I'm so confused. If I am feeling kicks then why I am still having periods and why isn't the line darker? I know I can't only be a new BFP because DH and I didn't DTD around the fertile time this month at all (away with work) and have been using contraception as DH wanted to stop trying. I don't know what to do. I'm going to do another test in the morning but am driving myself mad thinking. How can this even be possible? Is it a faulty test?

And if it's not a faulty test I don't even know where to start. We stopped trying because we realised we can't afford to move house and have another baby right away, and have had an offer accepted on a house this weekend. Because I've had AF and negative tests I've been drinking, taking tablets when I was sick, even eating pate and not taking vitamins. I'm scared and confused. Who do I call if I do get a BFP in the morning. My GP? A midwife? The hospital? Please help! :wacko:

Sorry the post is so long by the way, my brains in a muddle! Tracking back I think the last fully normal AF I had was the 11th December. They've been getting lighter ever since then, so I do think I have AF issues.

If it was within 3 minutes, it's positive. I would defiantly wait a few days and retest with FMU if you still unsure or contact your doctor. Good luck hun!

Thank you for your reply. It was at 3 minutes, well within the ten. Faint but undoubtedly there. If I get another positive with FMU from a different packet I will have to contact my GP I guess. For now I'm so confused I have just got DH to test with the other stick in the pack to see if it's a faulty batch! How embarrassing!

I agree call your dr if you get another positive. Fingers crossed for you.

I would test again tomorrow with fmu and see the GP. Gosh I really hope it's good news, what a roller coaster you're on!

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the support :flower:

I just literally have no clue what's going on because there's things to suggest I am pregnant, but then things to say that I'm not too. Unsurprisingly DHs test came up negative! I'm going to test again later if I can hold long enough and then tomorrow morning, really wishing I'd bought something other than FRER right now!

It is very rare to get a false positive. False negative, yes. If there was any line at all with the HPT, it is positive. I would go to your GP to get a blood test just to be sure. And, don't worry about the drinking and other things that you did. At this point, a lot of people do the same thing, not knowing that they are pregnant and everything turns out fine. I'm not encouraging it, I'm just saying don't worry too much at this early in the stage of the potential pregnancy.

""Experts say that extremely early in the pregnancy, alcohol will barely harm the child because it is still an embryo. And embryo does not get blood supply from the mother. The embryo is thus usually safe. By the time alcohol becomes dangerous for the baby, you will realize that you are pregnant. Then you can start abstaining""

Just wanted to post a quick update. I did another test with FMU and it was BFN, so no help to me at all! I've spoken to my Dr and she's squeezed me in for a blood test this morning. I'll be glad to know for sure one way or another! Also it's great that she's taken me seriously, despite having some bleeding each month still. Will update when I get the results back in a day or two!

I hope you get the results that you are hoping for. Good luck xx

Just updating to say that my bloods are back as HCG 2, so not pregnant. I'm at least glad to know an answer! I haven't spoken to the Dr yet about why I'm at 2/whether that's normal but presumably either that 2 is what the FRER was picking up or it was just a faulty test.

Hopefully this thread might help somebody in a similar position at some point!

Some women have a low level of HCG in their blood at all times, even when there is absolutely no chance of being pregnant. It could also indicate a chemical pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->