Please help ive jus woken up this morning and

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by blondebabe, Jan 26, 2011.

1. blondebabe

blondebabe Well-Known Member

and ive had to worst pain in my leg! i can feel the leg muscle spasm tightening and it doesnt release for ages! i was in so much pain i was screaming and crying my eyes out! as soon as i tryed to go and get out of bed i cud feel it was still tightened!!! is this a lack of things in my body at all? it took me so long to get out of bed! i also find it happens wen i stretch in the morning. has any1 else had this? xx

2. Mark&Annie

Mark&Annie Well-Known Member

Hmmmm yes, joys of pregnancy cramps! You're not alone, don't know if there's anything you can do, I got it quite bad last time, woke up in agony a few times

3. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

your not lacking in anything its just cramps and yes they will be painfull, putting heat on it could do the trick to sooth it for you but im affraid u may get more of these as they are very common during pregnancy i get them anyway even without being pregnant due to bad circulation but lucky me i have not had any touch wood since falling pregnant

4. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

cramp! point yout toes towards your body and straight your leg out and rub the muscle that hurts. if your active alot your muscles have to work harder. resulting in muscles spasms through the night, try doing exercises before you go to bed.
    straighten your leg out and rotate your ankles a few times going one way at a time. this helps get blood circulatung :) x

5. msflowerfairy

msflowerfairy Well-Known Member

Try drinking tonic water before you go to bed at night, i had cramp, and it seemed to do the trick.

6. meow951

meow951 Well-Known Member

I get this in the middle of the night and it is the worst pain ever! I wake OH up screaming rub my leg rub my leg :haha:

Best thing i find is to bring your foot up, so your toes go towards your shin. Don't stretch it out as this makes it worse lol

7. Skydust

Skydust Well-Known Member

Cramp hun.. it really can hurt xx

8. lilwelsh1

lilwelsh1 3 happy kids+2 angels

massage massage massage. Thats all u can do is ask someone or if u can reach yourself, knead the muscle like when baking. Use baby oil to make it easier. Massage it even when its not cramping. Muscles spasm thru poor circulation and a build up of lactic acid often from them working really hard without being warmed up first, obviously u wouldnt expect to do warm up exercises just to pop to the shops but because u r pregnant your body is working over time so popping to the shop can feel like a mini marathon. Next time u get a severe cramp get up and move, walk gentley around the bedroom or landing, move your leg around as much as u can, gentley though dont stretch the muscles it can cause damage (sometimes too much salt in your diet can cause cramp so cut down if u can). It will hurt but push through the agony. I have suffered cramps all my life and even warming up properly before doing cross country and track events i still got cramp once i started to relax after the races.

9. special_kala

special_kala love my bugs

Ah cramp i remember how horrible that is.

Supposedly its a lack of potassium and eating a banana helps

10. mumov3

mumov3 Well-Known Member

Ooooo i wont stretch in bed anymore cos ov those lock cramps i call them...after this happens u will probably feel that muscle for a while after they r very common in pregnancy x x

11. nikkip

nikkip Mummy to 2!!

hi hun i get these plus suffer with restless legs. like every one said pull foot towards your body and rub the muscle. massage the leg muscle every night before sleep. try getting some magnesium oil - you should be able to get it from health shops. you spray it on your legs and massage it in it will prevent the cramps and help restless legs and aids sleep. you do have to use it a few nights though.

ooh and try walking on cold hard floors for a little while barefoot. that will help and dont ask how or why ive no idea but it works!!!