Please help me I need to talk to someone regarding ASD

You're lucky to have a good mom, Tupelo. :) (As I'm quite sure all the mom's on here are too.)

Mine so badly wanted me to be *anything* but Aspie that I spent a lot of time when young on various meds that didn't work, or in classes that frustrated the hell out of me.

I too talked really early (14 months), I think I was born knowing how to read (I remember reading Romeo & Juliet... at 2), still walk on my toes, and eye contact makes me feel like my bones are exploding. I just look at someone's left ear or eyebrow when they're talking to me, and it fakes it well enough.

And, even at 31 years old, if someone's trying to get my attention when I'm doing something else? Best of luck to you. I probably don't even hear you and if you touch me to try and "redirect"... well, have you ever seen a melt down in a 31 year old? It isn't really pretty. :/

Still guilty of toe-walking myself! I'm only twenty, but I can understand the embarrassment of being emotionally immature. I've found that I'm more hyposensitive than anything, but still, nothing and everything can send me into a rage. This concerns me for when I'm ready to have children, because I still feel as though I need someone to take care of me.

I've been striving to be more independent, though. But things just don't come so easy. It's hard, always having to be a step behind the rest.

Funny...my daughter has never 'toe-walked', but she doesn't have Aspergers...she was diagnosed with PDD-NOS, but her school says she is probably 'classic' autism now (we have to get her reassessed).

Funny...my daughter has never 'toe-walked', but she doesn't have Aspergers...she was diagnosed with PDD-NOS, but her school says she is probably 'classic' autism now (we have to get her reassessed).

I don't know that I'm obvious about it, but I do it. The average person, from what I see, walks "heel, push thru foot, to toe, push off with toes". But my heels are way oversensitive (I also hate with the heat of 10000 suns, wearing shoes due to this) so if you watched me walk, you wouldn't see me just on my toes, it'd look more like I walk putting my whole foot down at once, and what you can't see inside my (evil, awful, no good) shoes is that my heels aren't touching the bottom. But I learned years ago that people look at you funny when you're bouncing on your toes, so it's far easier to just plant your whole foot. (It's interesting the fun little tricks you can learn to "pass". The "look at the ear" rather than make eye contact trick has saved me in more than one job interview!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->