Please help me!!

LoveMyGirl x

Reaction score
im 14 weeks and 5 days. i cooked mince and mashed potato. i had put the mince on low to mash my potoatos so the mince didnt burn and i completely forgot because my 3 year old was distracting me and wouldnt leave the kitchen. i had put it in the oven just to melt the cheese then took it out and served it. i had a few bites and it wasnt really hot so thought to put it in the microwave but then the rest was hot but not piping.

so will this harm my unborn baby cos now im totally freaking out :( i feel really stupid for not putting it on high before it went into the oven but my 3 year old was sooo distracting. im really scared and is there anyone that can put my mind at ease? :(

Is mince like ground meat (I assume it is)? Is it beef, poultry or pork? How long ago did you eat it? Did you grind it yourself from a whole piece of meat?

The danger of eating raw/undercooked ground meat is food poisoning. Food poisoning would make you pretty sick, like vomiting and diarrhea so you would know if you have it (not normal ms or nausea). Not ALL raw meat has bad bacteria and not ALL food poisoning can harm the baby so chances are you are fine, especially if you haven't gotten sick. Tons of pregnant women accidentally eat undercooked meat and end up being fine.

I dont think it will harm the baby however if you start to feel sick take yourself to the doctor or the ER.

Im assuming it was fully cooked but not properly hot by the time you ate it? If so it should be absolutely fine - don't stress!

The chance of you getting ill from mince is really really low.

You mean it was fully cooked, but then cooled a bit while it was on low? I wouldn't even be a little concerned about that unless is was lukewarm for several hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->