Please help me

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I am insane, literally. I posted a few days ago about a blazing row with my OH. My mood swings are outrageous. My OH has bent over backwards lately and while I was boaking tonight (I have terrible nausea) he made a joke about why they call it morning sickness when it's an all day thing and I just erupted. I threw toiletries at my wall and just burst out crying and once I stopped I see my poor OH's face in utter shock his jaw hit the floor. I then started shaking because I couldn't believe what I done. I am so exhausted with not eating I have a scan Monday and I am only 6 weeks but I am so worried my mood swings are gonna effect my baby but I cannot help them. My midwife just laughed as she thinks it's normal but how normal is this? I am all over the place. I know baby feeds off the yolk sac just now but once the placenta takes over will my stress hormones not start crossing and damage my baby?

Please tell me I am not alone I am normally very timid and shy jts not like me

I was this way with my first two pregnancies. I had lost my mind!!!! I would get so angry all the time, throw things, break things, then lock myself in my room and cry. Oh, I thought I'd never get better and that I'd be nutty forever, but it got 75% better by 12 weeks along & 99% better by 20 weeks along. I had terrible postpartum depression that made me act the same way again, except adding paranoia to the mix, after I delivered my first.

My first two pregnancies are now 5- and 3.5-year-old kids who are awesome and very loving! Your baby will be just fine, too!

This will pass. Apologize and ask your darling partner to be extra patient, to not take any of this personally, and to forgive you in advance for any time that you'll act nuts in the near future. I'm not kidding... And get yourself a prenatal yoga video.

My temper has been different with each pregnancy. With my first I was on cloud nine, fine and dandy, but with my second I threw tantrums all the time in the first trimester and hated my DH. My third I was depressed most of the time and this one I am weepy a lot. They were all different genders so that obviously wasn't the reason. People react to pregnancy in different ways and indeed even different pregnancies. Like the pp said it will probably pass once your hormones settle out, usually in the second trimester. I would ask your OH to maybe talk to someone who has been through it (mother, sister, aunt, etc.) and maybe coming from them will make him understand that it is not just you. Take care of yourself, hun. This will pass and baby will be fine :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->