Please HELP ME!!!

jaytee146

Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo
Reaction score
Okay to catch you guys up I've been doing Heprain during this pregnancy, because of a gene I carry. I had an allergic reaction that broke me out in rashes EVERYWHERE, it subsided and now it's back! The doctor's told me to take Benydryl.... I've been taking it and I don't wanna hurt my LO, but I have been scratching so much I'm bleeding and bruising. IDK what to do... I've tried the oatmeal showers with the oatmeal body wash... Scared to do the baths because I think I"ll at to much and clog the tub up ha ha! Please tell me any suggestions you have. :wacko:

Calamine lotion? Antihistamine creams? My dr told me to take benadryl and like you I didn't want to but it's actually on the list of safe meds for pregnancy. I feel loads better and only used it for 1 week. Try it out

Also- on the center for disease control and prevention there is a link for the national institute of health and it states benadryl is very safe especially if you are out of first trimester

Thank you so much... I was trying to suffer through it but I feel loads BETTER now that I know I'm not gonna hurt my little bumblebee

You can try using an anti itch cream. But don't worry about the Benedryl. My Mom is a pharmacist so I am constantly asking her what is safe and not to take during pregnancy. And she said there is nothing in Benedryl that will harm the baby. The most it might do is make it a little sleepy cause the main ingredient is a sleeping aid. My Dad has been taking it for years to help him go to sleep, works better than any prescription sleep pill. I worry more about taking tylenol than I do Benedryl which doctors is safe but my Mom says it is questionable.

Jaytee- no worries, I was like you always concerned for baby. Shows we are good mommies! I checked calamine lotion too, and my dr said it's very safe!

Hi, I had a horrid rash on the top of my legs for a few weeks and thought I was going to cause myself permanent scarring due to my scratching!

I went to Lush and got their 'Dreamwash' which is a calamine based body wash (totally safe for preg women) and it made the world of difference.

I hope you feel better really soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->