Please help preg of unknown location:-((( PLEASE PLEASE READ

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies
After being in hospital most of the day yesterday, I came back this morning for a scan and it's not good news....
The doctor has called it a pregnancy of unknown location.... Iv got pains in my left side and have an uti so have been put on antibiotics.
My hcg is 379 and progesterone 35.
On the scan there were two masses one of which looks like a bit of blood, the other something which could have been pregnancy that hasn't formed?!
My notes say:
Antverted uterus, endometrium thickened to 12.3mm no evidence of an intrauterine pregnancy greater than 6weeks is seen, there is a 2.4mm x 8.4mm x 7.3mm anechoic area separating endometrium at the fundus, this may represent blood, also another anechoic area within cervical region, no internal contents seen within either areas.

The right ovary contains 15.6mm x 15.7mm mass with cystic centre, a small amount of peripheral vascularity is noted when colour flow Doppler is applied, may represent corpus Leuteum, left ovary seen and appear normal.

No obvious adnexal masses cysts or free fluid seen findings suggestive of poul...

Has anyone else had this? My last cycle was 35 days approx, the doctor said she felt this was EXTREMELY unlikely to go anywhere, I'm to go back for hcg blood test tomorrow, if it's lowering then I will hopefully let nature take it's course, if not then, I may need some medication. I asked if it could be just too early to see anything and if I could be re scanned, she then said if nothing has happened naturally, no pain, bleeding etc they MAY scan me towards the end of next week?

I'm so confused and all over the place :sad2::sad2:

Any help at all anyone?

H xx

I'm sorry you're going through this. Take time for yourself and recover.

I'm sorry you're going through this uncertainty. I don't have any answers, I don't know what any of it means. But I didn't want to read and run.

Sending positive vibes and hugs x

How many weeks do you think you are?
They thought my 6 yr old was ectopic but due to hcg not doubling at first and the scan being able to see a sac or baby x

No experience just wanted to send u luck xx xx

I had a scan at what was meant to be 5 weeks.....we saw nothing, so doctors ordered blood test, went back in a week my hcg was good and we saw a sac, it put me down to 5 and a half weeks.....was such an awful week of worrying. I really hope you get good news too.... We have another appointment when ill be 9.5 weeks so I'm hoping we see a baby and a heartbeat......thinking of you xxxxxx

I had an ectopic but there was nothing in my uterus..so I'm not sure what they are looking at..wishing you the best of luck!!

Thank you ladies
I'm feeling very emotional as you can prob imagine.
My lmp was June 18th (I can have 35day long cycles) we weren't trying and iv got no idea of what happens when :blush:) I'm pretty useless at all that....
So I thought I was 4 weeks 6 days but a friend has said I could be less depending on when I ovulated etc?
Any help here would be great...

The doc was very negative and basically said that she felt with my levels the pregnancy would not continue and that it perhaps hadn't developed as it should have done...
I asked if it could be too early to tell and her reply was that it is extremely unlikely and something like this I'd either need help to pass or it would happen naturally?!
Iv got to go back at 830 in the morning for repeat bloods, to see what they have done. If they have increased then shel be shocked and she didn't really say what would happen, she said they should have lowered.

I rang the women's hospital where I had my son 7 years ago and the nurse said it was far too early to make such a statement, it's one of 3 things, either I'm earlier than thought, so hcg would have gone up to either 1091 or 1584, pregnancy is failing, so hcg will either have dropped or increased VERY slightly and I will need to have them repeated again Saturday, them depending on results a scan would be needed on or around next fri....

I'm so confused and feel totally numb!
H xx

That's the same date of LMP as me. I'm no expert but as I understand it, they wouldn't be able to see much on a scan at less than 6 weeks.

I really hope things work out hun. Try not to let that negative attitude stress you out even further. Take care of yourself and keep us posted xx

i had a scan done and all they sow was a sac measuring 5 weeks hospital were not reassuring i was unsure of dates due to pcos they were like it may be a mmc went back 9 days later and we sow wot u can c in my profile pic a baby measuring 7 and a half weeks with a healthy heart beat id say was too early to see any thing

Your only 4+6...that is way to early!!!!

This is what I asked the doctor querying my hcg is low because I saw this...
3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
She was adamant it won't be a positive outcome talking about medication to help me along my way, I just don't understand why though.... Is there something tht she knows she hasn't told me or put in the report? Maybe I'm less than 4 weeks or maybe she's right and it won't last
H xx :-(

i had a scan done and all they sow was a sac measuring 5 weeks hospital were not reassuring i was unsure of dates due to pcos they were like it may be a mmc went back 9 days later and we sow wot u can c in my profile pic a baby measuring 7 and a half weeks with a healthy heart beat id say was too early to see any thing

They have said there is an anechoic area and also gestational sac not present :-( xx

I think she had absolutely no reason to make such comments. If you are 4+6 at the Latest, they'd still not be able to identify a definite gestational sac, and those hcg numbers are absolutely perfect for your dates. I'm really annoyed that drs and nurses can make such flippant comments.
I think you're baby and pregnancy has as much chance of progressing as the next persons! X

I'd be asking for a rescan in a week or so time x

I don't understand how it's in an unknown location if there's changes in your ovaries/uterus?

We have the same LMP and your friend is right, the most you could be is 4+6, you're probably off by a few days which changes a lot as far as hcg levels and whatnot. Before 6 weeks you'd only see a thicker lining in your uterus, no sac or pole until closer to 6 weeks ;)

I'm so sick of hearing stories on here about doctors needlessly scaring women and pushing them to end their pregnancies without solid evidence! IT'S AWFUL.

My RE says there's no way to see anything on the u/s until your hCG is over 800 MINIMUM. She likes to hold off to check until after 1800 just to be sure. Your hCG level is really normal for around 4-5 weeks and your progesterone level is amazingly good. I don't know what that doctor was talking about, but I wouldn't worry at all! (In the mean time, I sure as h*ll would find another doctor.) Get that next blood draw and see if your hCG rises. If it does, you can get another scan in a week or two to confirm location. I'm wishing you nothing but the best. :flow:

I'm so sick of hearing stories on here about doctors needlessly scaring women and pushing them to end their pregnancies without solid evidence! IT'S AWFUL.

My RE says there's no way to see anything on the u/s until your hCG is over 800 MINIMUM. She likes to hold off to check until after 1800 just to be sure. Your hCG level is really normal for around 4-5 weeks and your progesterone level is amazingly good. I don't know what that doctor was talking about, but I wouldn't worry at all! (In the mean time, I sure as h*ll would find another doctor.) Get that next blood draw and see if your hCG rises. If it does, you can get another scan in a week or two to confirm location. I'm wishing you nothing but the best. :flow:

Thankyou ladies iv had a hell of a couple of days and my god my head is in bits! Iv re read the scan a million times and the confusing bit to me is... Any light that can be shed by you lovely ladies would be great::::
The bit about a mass of 15.6mm on right ovary possibly corpus Leuteum? (Isn't tht really big)?! Also the anachoeic area bit... One is approx 7mm poss blood, the other with no internal contents isn't measured, what are they? I'm so disappointed in the care they were great before, but I just feel bamboozled....

I think my antibiotics may be kicking in slightly re the uti but if I'm being honest iv not got out of bed yet lol so wel see in a min xx

So you have a thickening g lining which is a good sign of a progressing pregnancy, and a possible sac which she didn't neasure, and she's trying to write the pregnancy off? Terrible!

Oh wow you're going through it!!

Other than the scan being inconclusive if you have little or no pain/bleeding then I don't get how they can be so negative! I had a scan at 5wks and we saw heat sac and yolk, wen back 10days later and saw two poles and heartbeats I now have 6wk old twins! I'd had two small bleeds and spotting upto second scan. Until they know what is going on for sure they should be neutral stressing you like this could lead to a negative outcome!

Wait and see what your bloods are doing, this was more conclusive and a quicker way of knowing for me when I miscarried.

Will be following your story Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"