PLEASE HELP so lost and have no idea what to do

Babybee5

pregnant mother of 3
Reaction score
Ok so i'm nearly 7 weeks pregnant already have 3 kids and 1 step daughter that we have full time me and my partner have been living together for years and up until tonight he has not been over the moon about me being pregnant but he has been supportive...
Tonight he tells me that that he doesn't want a baby and that he had a bad experience with his ex and thinks it's a bad idea and he doesn't want it at all.
I don't want to get rid of it this would be my last baby as i was booked into have a hysterectomy in september anyway due to health issues but have been told i'm fine to wait til the baby is born and they will do it all together. So this is my last chance for a baby and he doesn't understand why i want this baby.
Just last night we were talking about names i don't know what changed over night.
I'M SO LOST NOW WHAT DO I DO

Just talk to him. He'll just have to get over thinking it's a bad idea, as really...it's not an idea, it's done. It's a situation you need to deal with, not something you've been thinking about doing. You don't want to give up the baby, so don't. If he's making you give it up it will destroy your relationship anyway, so there's only really two options: either he gets is shit together and tries to be a good dad, or you'll have to do it alone. If you give it up when you don't want to, you'll just resent him forever anyway.

I'm sorry you're in this situation and i really do hope he comes around.

Thanks I already havetold him if he doesn't get it together I will move out I did my 3 on my own for over 2 years and know I can do it but I love him and it makes me cry even thinking about actually leaving.
I want to do it with him but know I can do it on my own if I have to thanks for your advice

AlsO just so confused last night he was talking about names and ultrasounds and now he wants nothing to do with it

Obviously i don't know you or him...but maybe he's just confused himself? Your pregnancy must have brought up bad feelings from when his ex was pregnant...so maybe it's understandable he doesn't know how to react/ is incostistent in his feelings towards you and the baby. Just give him some time and try not to push him too much for a definite answer...

It may still work out fine and he may just be a bit shocked.

Good luck!

I know it has everything to do with his ex but she took off overseas and left him with their daughter without even telling him just never showed up to pick her up but we've been living together for a long time now with me raising his daughter as hes away working alot i know he's struggling but I don't see the need to take it out on me he knows I would never leave my kids ever.
I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself cause I want it so much and e is such a great dad and step dad and it hurts my feelings that he doesn't want a kid with me I guess

You know, i'm almost sure he'll come around, as you are already raising kids together. Just give him some time. I know it must be hard.

Maybe try reposting in 1st trimester or pregnancy club aswell, they are much more active than this section and someone might be in a similar situation and help/understand better than me.

Thank you for your advice has helped alot think I just needed to vent amd calm down a little whatever happens I know I'll be fine and the baby will be loved and cared for x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->