Please help, subchorionic bleed? 7 weeks? what now?

Thats really good Blackberry!! Hopefully you wont bleed at all from here on out! That would be so nice if there was no hematoma when you have have your ultrasound.
Also, thats what my Dr said, that there is a seperation between placenta and uterus. Well he actually couldnt see the seperation, but he could see where there was a pocket of blood and said that is where its pooling and will either reabsorb or bleed out. Mine was pretty small he said about 1.5 tsp of blood and about 1.5 cm in total size i think. Im afraid it will be bigger tomorrow! But I have a good feeling it will eventually heal and it wont be a problem with this pregnancy. I just hope my feelings are right.

Have you been resting more? Im just taking it easy, but I cant be on bed rest nor do I feel like I need it. I havent been lifting anything over 10 lbs, and just mainly been sitting around. I have been really nauseous so I dont feel like getting out anyway.

Hugs :) I know it's really hard to get your head around, but a smaller one (and this is a smaller one!) is not too bad a sign generally... I've got one too and done HEAPS of reading (I have a 5cm x 5cm one) and that sort of size is probably not going be a problem.

I am pretty sure mine was pretty small too. I had like a week of bedrest with my 2 year old staying at her grandparents, and since then I have just been taking it pretty easy too. I do need to get a job right away, because I was working seasonal for Christmas and then I got my :bfp: but I think I will wait until the 17th when I have my ultrasound and see what my actual doc says.

:hugs:

What has your Dr told you inperfected about your hematoma. Really I dont think my Dr knows too much about hematomas. He hasnt actually told me anything specifically about subchorionic hematomas. He just talks about bleeding in general during pregnancy. I asked him about resting and he said resting wont help because if you miscarry you will whether you rest or not, but I know with hematomas its different. Because its not an actual miscarriage you are going through at all, and that resting or bed rest can help heal the hematoma. At the ER when I first found out about my SCH I was told to rest, take it easy, no heavy lifting. But nothing else really. So with the size I have I dont know if it is small or big as my Dr never goes on specifics. I only know its about 1.5 cm because I asked him to measure it.

^^ That is exactly what they were like with me!

I think we should be fine though.

And you are right, its not like we ARE miscarrying. He said to me, either it will reattach or it peels more and the baby doesnt get nourished. :cry: I think we are ok though, personally I haven't really been toooo worried. I am pretty sure I have felt my baby moving tonight.

I do worry a bit, but not a ton. Its not something Im constantly worrying about. When I think about it in the long run, I just see it being healed eventually with no problems for my baby or the pregnancy. But of course how can I be sure, so thats where I worry a little. I cant wait to feel baby move!! I know it wont be for a while though. I felt my 2nd at 15 weeks,so Im hoping earlier this time! I just cant wait to have a normal pregnancy!! I worry enough during my pregnancies without having a legitimate reason like this time!

Same here!

We will!

We will be posting normal in second tri and we wont remember any of this! lol Fx'd!

I had the exact same thing that you are experiencing at literally exactly the same time. My doctor told me it is very common. It comes from the baby latching on. It can cause a small bleed. Mine was totally gone by 12 weeks..confirmed by ultrasound.

Good luck! What was reassuring to me was the fact that they are extremely common in that stage of pregnancy.

As for the measurements, I went through that also. Babies grow at different rates. My due date has fluctuated by like 3 days each time I have had an ultrasound. They can't get an exact measurement. So, don't fret that part. The only major worry would be like if your baby measured 5 weeks or wasn't growing at this stage.

Had my appointment today. Baby is growing well, good heartbeat, even saw baby moving his/her arms. Still can see blood in uterus. He says the blood is down under the baby. So in between sac and vagina opening, so it should be able to make its way out if it needs to. Im just back to spotting now...so not sure whats going to happen with the blood or if its better or not. Come on placenta, heal!!
Rebecca did you bleed a lot? I have had 2 episodes of bleeding so far. first at 7 weeks, 2nd at 9 weeks. With each I had 1 day of period-like bleeding then spotting after that for a few days. I really hope mine is healed by 12 weeks as well.

I can't say anything about the bleed, but I can tell you I know exactly when I ovulated, and I freaked out because when I went in at what I thought was 7 weeks, I only had an empty gestational sac, I was gutted and convinced I was about to miscarry, went in the next week and had a heartbeat :) So basically sperm really CAN live 5-7 days:baby:

What has your Dr told you inperfected about your hematoma. Really I dont think my Dr knows too much about hematomas. He hasnt actually told me anything specifically about subchorionic hematomas. He just talks about bleeding in general during pregnancy. I asked him about resting and he said resting wont help because if you miscarry you will whether you rest or not, but I know with hematomas its different. Because its not an actual miscarriage you are going through at all, and that resting or bed rest can help heal the hematoma. At the ER when I first found out about my SCH I was told to rest, take it easy, no heavy lifting. But nothing else really. So with the size I have I dont know if it is small or big as my Dr never goes on specifics. I only know its about 1.5 cm because I asked him to measure it.

To be honest, the hospital doctor said very little, said it was hardly a problem (i'd previous read about it so knew otherwise). My doctor who's had one said rest a bit if I keep bleeding otherwise, I can't really change the outcome (looks like risk drops from 20% to 10% with bed rest though according to one study). My midwife (who I see from yesterday onwards) is useless and has no idea what one is I don't think and last night (when I bled through 3 pads in two hours - super ones, and I mean FILLED) told me I was miscarrying and I should just rest and take pain killers. It did happen again (the bleeding) but the baby is still good whilst the bleed has gotten bigger.

I saw the measurements when they did it both times, and at the size of the one I have, they definitely measure it... (currently 7cm by 3.5, by my calc gone up a few ml's at least).

Everyone who has one should check this thread as it carries through (since many of us may have them into second tri too :( )

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/142576-sch-group-subchorionic-hematoma-21.html

Hugs everyone... it's not fun I know...

Ashley, the 4 days isn't an issue. Mine was 6 days out and it'd caught up by 8 weeks.

I started to bleed at 8weeks went for a scan and was able to see the heartbeat. I was told the same as you. I am now 17weeks pregnanat and I have had no futher worries the bleeding stopped.

When this happened to me I talked about it with a lot of women and it seems more common than I thought.

And the best thing to do is to not look online for answers as you will only scare yourself more. If the bleeding is accompanied with painful cramps and/or the bleeding gets worse go back to the Dr.

But if the doctor is not worried you shouldn't be too (i know easier saud than done).

Hope everything works out ok for you I'm sure it will :) xx

I did not bleed a lot. I had some pinkish spotting. But I don't want you to worry because my doctor told me that most of them heal.

Aw thanks for remembering!

It went good!! I havent seen my doctor yet to go over it, but there was no mention of anything. Had a normal nuchal fold measurement (1.6 mm) so at this point in time, I am not too worried.

How have you been? :hugs: Do you have a pregnancy journal?

Thats good!! Hope that darn SCH is long gone!!
I decided to put myself on bed rest for a little while so hopefully I can get this hematoma healed. So far so good, its only been 4 days. Im thinking maybe 2 weeks of bed rest, and then just taking it easy. Im just really not wanting to have this in my 2nd tri.
I dont have one, havent even thought of making one on here yet

Hey Ashley I'm on day 8 ish of bedrest ( went out for coffer though today)! I've been trying to stop the bleeding as I've been bleeding now for coming up 6 weeks with only a 2 day break. You can use the other sch threa if you want as u go into second tri, I kno I will be (assuming it's not gone away- an in sure it's not yet). I do understand the wanting it not to br there though!

With one that size, you've got a reasonable chance of it disappearing though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->