please help - terrified :(

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
Hi...I'm just over six weeks pregnant and started spotting pink this morning. Went to a&e they confirmed no infection, they did a dip test and bfp was strong. No scan offered.

This evening I am having cm streaked with red, shooting pains in my pubic area and pains in my sides particularly the left side and uterus. Took another test and still very strong bfp.

Other than an ectopic and miscarriage, are there any other reasons for this? I really need to hear some good out comes, I've lost a baby before so I know which way this can go already...have pretty much sobbed my heart out all night.

Is the fact that I'm still getting a strong bfp a good sign or could that quickly change?

Thanks
Tiggs xx

Its surprises me that some many hospitals are different. My a&e want to rule out ectopic first off. So a scan & hcg levels are always done. Because that's life threatening after all. With any blood or pain should be investigated properly. You can have bleeding and pain together and everything be fine. Mine has been the last 3 times so far. But with every bleed I have been scanned and hcg levels drawn.
I'm sure everything is ok. But just to be on the safe side I would ask for a second opinion.
🙏🙏🙏🏻🙏🏻 everything is ok Hun. All the best Hun xxx

Thanks doll...I didn't have the cramping this morning just spotting so they didn't seem too concerned. Ive had back cramps for about five days now...could this maybe be later implantation spotting? I'm glad all is ok with you hun xx

I had spotting a few times but was told unless you get an amount bigger than a 50p coin then it is not a concern. They said spotting and a bit when wiping was normal but they did scan me for my own peace of mind and that was at 7 weeks.

Thanks doll...I didn't have the cramping this morning just spotting so they didn't seem too concerned. Ive had back cramps for about five days now...could this maybe be later implantation spotting? I'm glad all is ok with you hun xx

Could well be ib, hun defo. But any bleed big or small my hospital always investigates. I had back pain also was my first sign. Bleeding then pain. I have had 5 bleeds so far this pregnancy and 5 scans. You are far enough along to see something in the uterus now. So I don't see what the harm would be to check. Maybe give them a call and tell them about the back pain & pain on one side. After all that's what they are there for.
Likely hood is everything is fine and it's just something that has happened for no apparent reason. And pregnancy is going well. All the best Hun. Hope everything calms down and is fine. Good luck & congratulations xx

I've had pink spotting and slight abdominal cramps but only a day or so after I've had sex.. I think this is pretty normal.. It's annoying because everyone's different. Apparently my grandma bled and had normal 'periods' throughout one of her pregnancies..

Agreed that sometimes bleeding can be quite normal in pregnancy. But there is an ever so small chance it's not. Personally I would get checked tho. Even if it's for good news. All the best Hun. Like I said before can be completely normal. So no harm done xx

Thanks everyone for your help. The cramps in the bottom.of my back continued last night quite badly especially after having a wee they would get painful. Doctors have already ruled out infection.

Cramps have subsided this morning does this mean its not a loss? Only pink spotting now and not red blood. I feel like my periods coming even tho I'm nearly seven weeks...xx

Snap I feel the same this morning. I have had some red bleeding too. And period pains. I also feel like my period is coming. I pray all is well for us both. Good luck Hun xx

Can you get an early scan? Either privately or do you have an EPU near you? Definitely worth checking out just to rest your mind. It's probably nothing but you'd feel a whole lot better knowing that 100%

I'm surprised they didn't scan to rule out eptopic. That was the reason I was sent up and scanned/bloods as eptopic is so dangerous!

I'd call EPAU, the number will come up in Google.

Good luck! X

Tbh I would go back and explain the fact that you're cramping. That's bull, they should scan you. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. You asked for good outcomes - I had bleeding ranging from pink cm to gushing red blood with some clots through my first tri with my daughter. Terrifying, and never explained by any of my doctors, but she's okay. My birthmother apparently had bleeding through her pregnancies too, I guess some people just bleed sometimes. Good luck! Definitely insist on a scan, let them know you had cramping on one side. They need to take care of you. :hugs:

Thanks girls. Luckily all Ive had today is cm mixed with pinkish/brown blood and cramps in and off. Feeling super sick today as well which is good news for me. We have a local epu I will definitely go if the bleeding gets worse or cramping unbearable!

Thanks for the good news story 😃 xx

Thanks girls. Luckily all Ive had today is cm mixed with pinkish/brown blood and cramps in and off. Feeling super sick today as well which is good news for me. We have a local epu I will definitely go if the bleeding gets worse or cramping unbearable!

Thanks for the good news story 😃 xx

Hope all is well xx

It could very well be implantation bleeding, especially if it's not heavy and has brown streaks as well.

I had bleeding around 6 weeks in my first pregnancy. Basically what it was they said from two ultrasounds was during implanation a small piece of my uterian wall came loose but didnt totally fall off where the baby implanted and then it stayed there a couple weeks and then my body shed it away and it caused the small bleed. The Dr st the time did a pelvic exam first and said it was unlikely I was miscarrying because my cervix was still tightly closed. Hope everything is ok for you

Hi girls just to update. Ive got an internal scan booked for Friday. Still spotting with cramps but I'm flat it hasn't got any heavier yet. I'm so nervous about the scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->