Please help with first name for my girl!

cskme_

Reaction score
I am having a mixed African/Caucasian baby girl. Her middle name will be Christine after DHs late mother.
He doesn't agree with any of the names that I have chosen, he doesn't want anything too foreign sounding either (although I love foreign names) he would also prefer something biblical. The names I have come up with are: Audrey, Caylee, Ava, Zahra, Eja, Anaya (which means look up to God) or Talia (which means morning dew from heaven). He doesn't like Audrey, Ava or Zahra and I haven't gotten his opinions on the others but he is very picky. I hope he can agree with me on something! Does anyone have any other ideas based on the names I have given?

I like Anaya. It's beautiful. Anaya Christine is a lovely combo too.

Ada/Adah
Rebekah
Abigail
Zipporah?

My favourites are the ones your OH vetoed :haha: especially Audrey. Some which coe to mind:
Aurelia
Laila
Ariel
Angelina
Grace
Amara

I think Anaya Christine is a beautiful name. :flower:

Some other unique names that have biblical references include:

Adriel "flock of God"
Zemira "a song"
Sarai "my princess"
Sapphira "that relates or tells"
Jael "one who ascends"
Bethany "house of song"
Aleah/Aliyah "ascent"

I also am loving the names Aurora and Aline (u-LEE-na) right now.

My favourites are the ones your OH vetoed :haha: especially Audrey. Some which coe to mind:
Aurelia
Laila
Ariel
Angelina
Grace
Amara

I seriously can't get over Audrey. I wish he would just agree on the name so it could be settled lol I don't want to name her anything else. Grace is a very sweet and innocent name. I'll have to keep that one in mind!

I like Aubrey, slighty different, but very close to Audrey, and i think it sounds prettier :flower:

I like Aubrey, slighty different, but very close to Audrey, and i think it sounds prettier :flower:

It's actually funny because when I mentioned Audrey to my stepdad, he laughed and said "isn't that a rappers name?" he was referring to Drake, whose real name is Aubrey.
I do like the name Aubrey but I feel like I would think of Drake everytime I mention her to my stepdad lol.

Audrey & Ava are my favourites! DD was almost an Ava.

I know how you are feeling though. Leo is my number 1 choice for this baby, but my husband is absolutely not having it. I'm 30 weeks now, and have given up, and we have agreed on something else. It sucks not to have your first choice, but you also don't want to end up with a name your husband hates :(

We rarely even talk about names, we are both so busy and when its time to relax I feel like its the wrong time to discuss it. Anyways we talked last night and he said he wants something that sounds "normal" like Kate or Denise. I really don't like the name Denise and Kate is so plain to me. He said look up nice meanings. He didn't mind Ashlynn or Ainsley but then shortly after said he doesn't really like them. I came up with a list of names with nice meanings.
Aislyn - A dream or vision, inspiration
Anya - A woman graced with God
Aryana - very holy one
Danica - Morning star
Dasia - Gift of God
Cara - One who is pure
Kaylan - Pure
Kiya - Diamond in the sky
Leilani - heavenly flower/heavenly child
Michaela - Like God
Shayla - A gift from God

Ill have to send him this list and see if he likes ANYTHING at all.

I have
NAME - MEANING
Seren - Star
Carys - Love
Kerensa - Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member