Please help!

Laura1984

Ruby's Mummy
Reaction score
Ruby had always been a fab eater until at around 6 1/2 months, we tried lumpier foods... Well for the last 2 months 75% of the time meal times have become a battle! I don't want it to carry on this way becuase I dont want her to end up having an issue with food!

I have narrowed the whole thing down to the fact that she will not eat meat!! she is mainly living on veg, homemade tomato sauce with different heinz pasta shapes mixed in, cauliflower cheese and fish pie! (oh and the odd heinz cook at home sachet but they're so expnesive!!)

I have made a couple of meat dishes and she just wont touch them - she will not eat stage 2 jars AT ALL.. She is becoming fussy which is something me and OH are definitely NOT and something we've not had to deal with before :(

Can anyone gove me any advice or help with how to encourage her to eat it... when i offer her the meal and she blatantly won't eat it i dont give up i try for a while but she often getting stressed and ends up having a tantrum at this point should i a) give her nothing more b) give in and give her something i know she will eat or c) give her a pudding... I have asked the HV but she doesn't really seem to know the answer..

She never used to want any breaskfaxt ither than stage 1 porride but we have just mastered wheatabix or 'normal' porridge. she is also having finger foods for lunch as there just arent enough hot meals to make and freeze f(variety) for her to be having 2 a day

Sorry this is so long but any help is appriciated :)

Thank you :hug:

Hayden took a very long time to take to solids...so he didn't start then go off..but what we did was offer, if he refused we just stopped right then and went on to something else and came back to it another day. I didn't want to make meal times a battle, and stress him out and make him NOT want to even try. So if he said no that was it. Babies are ok on just breastmilk/formula, so she's ok, just try not to push it too much. she will take to it when she's ready to, she won't let herself starve or anything. Just keep trying :)

I have made a couple of meat dishes and she just wont touch them - she will not eat stage 2 jars AT ALL.. She is becoming fussy which is something me and OH are definitely NOT and something we've not had to deal with before :(

Hi there

Don't just give pudding or else she may start to realise if she fusses enough she'll get the goodies :)

Gabbi went through her fussy stage and unless she is teething, she does ok, thank goodness, I was a faddy eater and I didn't want Gabbi to be too!

have you tried spag bol?? As it's mince, I tend to pulse rather than mash or blend and as the mince is finer, she make take to it better. I cook mince, finely chopped onion (I've not tried mushrooms yet but will soon), tomatoes, garlic, a bit of oregano or mixed herbs, I used pasta stars but you can use spag chopped. I make enough to freeze. I ahve also just tried tuna with tomato cheese sauce which also went well. I'm going to post the recipe in the section above shortly.

Gabbi has not had any jar foods, mainly because we can't afford them but will use them if we are out and about because of convenience.

Don't give up. See, you're having problems with main meals and I'm having problems with breakfast, I doubt anyone is having problem free meals (please don't tell me, girls, if you are because we will be very envious!! lol)

Stick with it, I am sure you will get there soon.

Oh try lentils as well, Gabbi likes them too

Hebe doesnt seem interesting in meat other than chicken. She basically eats the same as Rubes. I'm not sure what the answer is about what to do if she wont eat - I tend to try something else I know she will. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->