Please help.

Tweeks

Reaction score
My little girl is seven months old. She seems a little under the weather and I'm suspecting chicken pox due to the random clusters of red spots appearing. (Only started today and we've got seven so far) anyway, she's been on solids for a month but seems to not want them today. Do I try and breast feed more to make up for the lack of solids of just let her do her own thing? First time mum and very nervous here.

Thanks. :flower:

Yes, I would try her on solids first then if she refuses, keep her hydrated with water and bm. She may need the comfort of bf if she's feeling under the weather.

This may sound strange but I was told (when I suspected my son had chicken pox) to put him in the bath as the warm water helps bring the spots out... I thought it was a Lias of rubbish, but it actually worked with my son and that's how I confirmed he had them x

Thanks for your reply. I shall definitely try that. Does the water still need to be pre boiled or can I give her sips of bottled water (evian) in her sippy cup? :)

I would still give cooled bottled water but if your LO is mobile then you don't have to x

offer solids but if she doesn't take any don't worry about it. Offer the breast to keep her hydrated. Give water if you want but if she is getting enough breast milk you don't need to. Just track wet diapers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->