Please Help

C

cutestuff

So I went to the doctor for an 8 week scan on Monday. Everything was perfect- still is I think... That said, they gave me a papsmear and and told me it could cause spotting--it did. I had bright red spotting most of the day the same day as the pap, but with a healthy heart beat and measuring on track-not worried. It stopped by that evening. The next day around 10, I got a gush of brown CM and a couple of drops on my underwear, but then it slowed down and was only there when I wiped. I called the doctor, and apparently as that is old blood, it was okay, but if I started feeling cramps or having heavy bleeding to call them. They did not seem too worried as everything looked good on the scan. I had a little more this morning after straining for a bowel movement, but that seems to have stopped. The issue I am having is I feel like my vagina is being stabbed. I read up on early pregnancy pain and cramping and it sounds like it is normal to feel this as stuff is moving around, but I want some reassurance that its really normal....:wacko:

Why on earth did they do a smear while youre pregnant?!? It just causes unnecessary worry. Sounds like theyve just itritated your cervix x

Blu, they do one because if you have any undiagnosed STDs or STIs and they can find it early enough, they can plan how to keep the baby safe during the pregnancy and unaffected by that. Here, the requirements have changed so you get them every two years and mine would have been due in September, but they figured just do it then, but your right. I wish I would have asked them to wait until I was past the risk of miscarraige but they did see the heart beat and all that... its just stressful....

Where are you hun? Here in the UK they dont do routine smears if youre pregnant. I hope it settles soon for you x

I'm in Canada and I had a smear at my first doctor's appointment. Luckily it didn't cause bleeding for me but I'm sorry that happened to you:( It does sounds completely normal with the blood going from red to brown. I used to get weird cramps/stabbing pains right in the vag during my period and early on in my pregnancy. Now they have completely stopped unless I get kicked in the cervix but that feels a little different. I wouldn't worry unless the bleeding goes back to red or you start getting intense cramps!

Where are you hun? Here in the UK they dont do routine smears if youre pregnant. I hope it settles soon for you x

I am in the US. Its strange how different each country is. I am becoming a nuisance to my doctor though... I called them both yesterday and today regarding this spotting and they say they are never really concerned about the brown spotting because it tends to be old blood, so since I had bright red bleeding from the pap, it could just still be tender, things are growing and stretching so that could be causing it, as well as the fact that I had bright pink implantation bleeding a week before my period was due and my period would have been here sometime this week could be contributing to this crap....:shrug:

I will say that if I had it to do over again, I would have said I felt comfortable without one. I know their reasoning but I have been with my husband for nearly 12 years and I have never had a single STD or abnormal pap in that time so it is unlikely I really needed one...

One thing the nurse did say is that once you have an ultra sound and they can see the pregnancy is viable and it is measuring on track for the dates, chances are slim of a miscarraige. It still happens but maybe to only 5 out of 100 women rather than 30 out of 100... It is still nerve wracking though.:growlmad:

Yea your risk of miscarriage drops to about 4% after seeing a heartbeat at 7 weeks, unfortunately I broke that statistic last time 😕 thankfully this time all seems well 👍

Im in usa too, I got them with pregnancy. I bled because the swipe thingy scratched my cervix wich at that moment from bein pregnant was engorged with blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->