Please help!

skippy

Got my furbabies :)
Reaction score
Was hoping some people could answer these questions so I could start running a successful online clothing shop for babies:flower: (and I hope the questions aren't too personal!)
1.) How much, on average, do you spend on baby clothes per month?
2.) Do you feel some items of clothing are too overpriced? (If so, could you please give examples)
3.) How much would you be willing to pay for say, an all-in-one?
4.) Do you have any particular brand preferences?
5.) If you bought anything, how long would you expect postage to take?
6.) Is there anything you have found certain stores lack? E.g., a certain item of clothing.

(Nearly forgot to add, it would be in the U.K.!)

And if anyone replies, thank you for your time:flower:

About £30 (he's not even been born yet though lol)
2.) Do you feel some items of clothing are too overpriced? (If so, could you please give examples) Quite a lot of things I think, snowsuits seem really expensive. Also, when jeans are like £13 or something I think that's a lot considering how small they are :lol:
3.) How much would you be willing to pay for say, an all-in-one? I'll usually pay around £6 or £7 if I really like it, but tend to buy packs of 2 or 3 for about £10-12
4.) Do you have any particular brand preferences? Next! Almost all I have is from Next, but most of it is second hand
5.) If you bought anything, how long would you expect postage to take? About 3 days
6.) Is there anything you have found certain stores lack? E.g., a certain item of clothing. There doesn't seem to be much choice in snowsuits. Other than that nothing I've noticed.

Hope this helps :)

You'll have to translate this to GBP as I'm in Canada...

* $50-$200. Some months I spend more if she has a growth spurt and I realize I don't have a lot of pajamas for her in the next size up, or if we have a special event to go to, etc. But I think that is basically always the range.
2.) Do you feel some items of clothing are too overpriced? (If so, could you please give examples)
* Snowsuits! Like the heavy waterproof ones? They pretty much start at $75... for someting she's only going to wear a handful of times over a couple of months, they grow too fast to spend that IMO.. so we didn't do a snowsuit this year, I bought her a parka (which hey, she has yet to wear.. it was $80).. and plan to bundle her up with blankets, boots, mitts, etc.
* I would LIKE to pay around $10, but I guess I would pay up to $20..
* BabyGap, Gymboree, Carter's, Children's Place, Joe Fresh, George
* less than 1 week
6.) Is there anything you have found certain stores lack? E.g., a certain item of clothing.
* Snowsuits. Mitts for infants (not no-scratch mitts), PJs with grippy bottoms if that makes sense! Slippers w/ grippy bottoms too.

prob around 20-30 pounds
yes i do but only i as shop quite cheaply, some people think nothing of paying £13 in next for 3 vests when you can get the same in tescos for £4
not sure what you mean by all in one, if its an all in one outfit, sleepsuit or like snowsuit?
not really i tend to buy from supermarkets mainly for convienience
i guess just a few days as with anything else bought online
nope not really

just want to add though, without wanting to sound like i am putting a downer on things, you really will need to be cheap and/or have something really special in stock to make this work as it is so competetive, especially with busy mums like myself being able to shop for clothes in with the food shop every week
best of of luck to you x

Not much at all...i tend to buy in bulk and bigger sizes for the future if a good price. If i see a bargain then il buy it...so id say £20 due to buying lots at once.

Definatly...for example when you go to mothercare, they are other shops eg: boots, m & s etc that are just as cute and good quality however you end up paying for the label in places like mothercare.

£15 max

I like Next and Mini Mode...Next when theres a sale :lol: or a special occasion.

No more than a week. Not too fussy. If its urgent id go to a baby clothes shop.

6.) Is there anything you have found certain stores lack? E.g., a certain item of clothing

Snow suits for toddlers.

Hope that helps, if i can be of any more help do let me know x

Sorry, I've been in Canada for years so my dollars to pounds conversion may be a little inaccurate, but it should be roughly right.

Generally around £50-£75.

I think "special occasion" dresses are quite expensive. I haven't had to buy one yet but you can get adult dresses for the same price!

£15

With both of my kids, I tend to buy online. I like Gymboree, Bamboo etc but when I'm in the UK I like Adams, Topshop Mini, Asda.

10 days max.

6.) Is there anything you have found certain stores lack? E.g., a certain item of clothing

Clothing that is really warm for babies in the winter; snowsuits, thick wooly sweaters etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->