Please help

Murad Yousef

Reaction score
My wife had a miscarriage on Dec 5th when the bleeding started and it was her first pregnancy, the bleeding stopped on the 9th, after that we did have unprotected sex on the 14th but when my wife told the doctor about it, the doctor said not to try again for a while. Since my wife period is not regular and sometimes she get one period a year because she has PCOS and it was a miracle that she got pregnant but unfortunately we lost it , can she get pregnant from having sex on the 14th? or it was early to ovulate? we didn't have sex after the doctor said not to try now. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks

If she ovulated within a few days of the 14th then yes, it is possible she would become pregnant. My dr also told us to wait and we did not follow his advice. We didn't end up conceiving anyway and in hindsight we should have listened but nothing bad happened as a result so try not to worry. I'm sorry for your loss.

Has she had treatment for her PCOS like taking metformin? I was put on metformin when I went off the pill and stopped having periods. It brought them back.

If she ovulated within a few days of the 14th then yes, it is possible she would become pregnant. My dr also told us to wait and we did not follow his advice. We didn't end up conceiving anyway and in hindsight we should have listened but nothing bad happened as a result so try not to worry. I'm sorry for your loss.

The Doctor prescribed Provera 10mg for my wife since she has irregular period to help regulate her period. She has to take one pill each day for 10 days but she started bleeding on day 5 (today) which means that she didn't conceive from that day because provera will not cause a miscarriage or bleeding if there is pregnancy. however the doctor said that before we try again, my wife will take some pills to help her ovulate and produce a healthy egg so we gonna try in few months or so since my wife also started losing weight which will help as well. With PCOS its hard to tell when she will ovulate or even produce healthy eggs and the miscarriage rate is higher than normal. Thank you for you reply

Has she had treatment for her PCOS like taking metformin? I was put on metformin when I went off the pill and stopped having periods. It brought them back.

she took provera 10mg and started bleeding on the 5th day of taking the pill which is today. we will hold trying for now until she get some rest and recover also she is on a diet and working out and lost a lot of weight to help reduce the pcos effects. My wife was 261 lbs on October and she is down to 229 lbs so far. She is looking to leave the obesity level before trying to get pregnant again because it will help her having healthier pregnancy without many complications. Thanks for your reply

she took provera 10mg and started bleeding on the 5th day of taking the pill which is today. we will hold trying for now until she get some rest and recover also she is on a diet and working out and lost a lot of weight to help reduce the pcos effects. My wife was 261 lbs on October and she is down to 229 lbs so far. She is looking to leave the obesity level before trying to get pregnant again because it will help her having healthier pregnancy without many complications. Thanks for your reply

I had to read about provera, it sounds like it making her bleed so quickly shows that her lack of periods is due to lack of ovulation (like mine were). I hope they can get her on metformin soon, it will also help her lose more weight.

I weighed around 205 when I first went off the pill, didn't get my periods, had some chlomid cycles, got diagnosed with PCOS and told I'd probably have to do in vitro to have a baby, and put on metformin. I did not get pregnant for 3-4 years after that, but then started having natural pregnancies easily after the first shock. (Unfortunately had to have 3 miscarriages to qualify for more testing and discover I have a clotting disorder in addition to everything else). By the time I fell pregnant with this baby, my weight had fallen to 157, which I believe to be a combination of smarter diet choices over the years and the metformin controlling my former insulin resistance.

Best of luck to both of you, it's a hard journey but worth it, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->