Please help!

Oh clownfish I am sorry that it didnt work out but I am glad that the pain is almost over and al least you know and you are not in Limbo any more. But I am so sorry, I can't stop crying. It just seems so unfair!

I couldn't say what happens as the first two times I was left to deal with it at home but the third I had to deliver in the EPU as contractiosn started while I was getting scanned.

I really hope things go as smoothly as they can go.

Hey guys,

so thought i'd conclude this thread incase anyone else wants to use this in the future.

So, my experience of medical management of the MMC...

the NHS screwed up as usual and we ended up waiting over 5 hours to get the second set of pills because the EPU didnt write up the paperwork properly... lots of anger and tears followed before we left to go home, only to be called back an hour later...

but... after all the waiting, the pills were popped in in 5 mins and i waited 30mins to check i didnt react badly then i was on my way home...

i was very frightened i have to admit... and i took the anti sickness and painkillers as soon as i got home and pulled on a nightie and hubby put me on the sofa under a duvet.

But i had no pain at all. I could feel things 'happening' and felt warm down there, had a little back ache... but nothing more than that.

Having said that, it was pretty traumatic.. and scary. Going to the loo and literally turning it red (murder scene style) is not easy to do... not knowing how much bleeding is too much is not good.. but thoughout i never felt dizzy or sick, and never had any pain at all... not even mild contractions ...

but when i went to the loo every 40 mins or so for about 3 hours blood poured out... i wasnt expecting it at all... as my first MC, a natural one was thick and clumpy.. this was bright red and completely runny (sorry if TMI but i'm trying to help other women make the right choice for themselves if they read this... )

after about 3 hours it tapered off and has been pretty light ever since.

Still no pain or anything...

so thats my story... i still dont know if i made the right decision or not to go medical and not D&C

it was traumatic, it was scary, but it wasnt painful and it was over in a couple of hours... and i know that i didnt risk my body with anaesthetic or being ruptured internally. It also seemed more natural to me than being poked and prodded again and again... but, i definitely picked up some mental scars through it... and have those to deal with.

If i go through it again, i still wont know which way is the best way... but i made it through the medical with a few mental scars, but no physical ones.

Hope this is a help to someone else if they have to decide which way to go.

Think this thread is concluded now, we are going to NTNP for a couple of months and leave it to fate.... if its meant to be, maybe it just will be.

Thanks again for all the support, i really appreciate it. TTFN. xxxxxxx

I think you've been brilliant throughout all this and I'm sure writing about your experience will really help others who need to make that horrible decision. You just need to rest up now and take care of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->