Please help

Claire251

Reaction score
My 4 and a half year old has just started repeating herself about 2 weeks ago and it is driving me and her dad crazy! Please can someone tell me why? its only certain things that she's repeating.... like at bedtime she'll repeat 'sweetdreams love you night' even when we've said it back to her and after about the 5th time we say i've said it 5 times now and i'm not saying it again.. she crys! Also when i leave her at school or if someone leaves our house say repeats ' i'll wave to you out the window' even though we say ok i'll wave to you too

I think they like just experimenting with things. DS likes to repeat what OH and i are saying to each other - drives us crazy but we just ignore it and after a while he stops.

I don't mean to alarm you, because it's probably nothing. But I did the same when I was a child, and I used to make other people say things multiple times too, and I got really upset if they wouldn't. Years later, it turned out I had OCD!

i think most children have a phase of this my six year old has done it off and on for years especially at night, i love you non night gets repeated loads of times. i personally wouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->