Please.....opinions needed

Doesnt your hubby want a bath in the peace and quiet anyway lol?

I know when i have a bath its my "time out" lol :)

Doesnt your hubby want a bath in the peace and quiet anyway lol?

I know when i have a bath its my "time out" lol :)

same here-i bath/shower alone as its my bit of time to myself, as much as i love elliot.

i guess i would just feel uncomfortable about how close the body parts were to each other, walking around the house naked or getting changed infront of her is different.

i used to share baths with my older sister for a while, untill she obviously didnt want to as she get older, i remember wanting to be in the bath alone too. my sister had to keep an eye on me in the bath later on, but i remember telling her to go away and i tried to cover myself up with a flannel lol. Ive always been quite a private person, still am. Maybe its the way i was brought up.

I'm not fussed over elliot watching me naked/get changed though, i don't want him being shy about things like this.

keely.

My hubby used to bathe with our daughter when she was very young,but when she became 2 or 3 (cant rememebr) HE said he didnt feel comfy with it anymore. So she continued to have the odd bath with me for awhile, then we cut it out altogether.We enjoyed our "alone time". But if you feel uncomfy about OH and daughter bathing together I would put a stop to it. I understand its a touchy subject as a friends hubby reacted the same way as yours when she told him how she felt.

nicole is nearly 6 and still has a bath with me occasionally. She used to go in the bath with her dad but stopped when she around two, her dad didnt feel comfortable with it.

i dont find anything wrong with my kids seeing me/ their dad naked but i think its maybe too close for comfort kinda thing iykwim.

Tbh I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
I think alot of people still live in a slightly prudish age where nakedness and bodies are still "rude"

As long as you trust your husband then there is nothing to worry about!

Although Daisy is still only little, she does bath with her Daddy, sometimes both of us! She will be allowed to as long as she wants to, but I'm sure that toys will take over and she will want the bath all to herself!

my thoughts on this are that 6 is quite old to be bathing with her dad, chris has never had a bath with summer, he does take her in the shower with him tho but i guess that will stop when she gets to about 3 ish. i bath with summer and will continue to do so until she is uncomfortable with it as like someone else said we both have the same parts. i never bathed with my dad. i think there comes an age when they should be bathing on there own, as being in the bath together is being very close to someone and is different (imo) to getting dressed seeing her dad naked. but those are only my thoughts.

Theres no room for anyone else but my OH when he's in the bath..lol. But seriously I can imagine your daughter will soon want bathtimes to herself soon anyway. Personally I dont see a problem with it so long as they are both comfortable with it still. Besides, as she's getting bigger he may not be so happy with the idea if she accidentally elbows or stands on his tender bits.

Maybe he's just having trouble acknowledging his little girl has to grow up and wants to spend as many of those precious moments with her as he can while she's young. Hell, my FIL is a bit odd still and though he's never actually bathed with the children, he still thinks (at 14 and 11) that they should only bath in an inch of water with the door open ajar so they dont drown and can be checked upon. He gets offended when they want their privacy too, but then his only offspring was a boy. It's apparent to me he just has difficulty in letting go.

Unfortunately, as others have touched upon though, should your daughter innocently mention bathtimes at school, other adults may view things differently and you quite likely will end up with at the very least probing questions at school and funny looks at the school gate, or at the very worst subject to a social services review. Its a sad state of society where people think the absolute worst and are quick to point fingers due to their own prudish views but unfortunately those people exist. Maybe if your OH gets upset about losing out on bathtimes with LO you could remind him of that. If he's upset now, believe me he'll be absolutely beside himself if the SS come banging on the door.

Hope you find a resolution swiftly. All the best. x

i think society and the media has got us all a bit paranoid about things like this now, my older daughter got in the bath with me until she was about 7, then she got to big! that was the only reason we stopped and daisy gets in the bath with me now, id love to have a bath on my own but she always sneaks in!

my eldest still comes in an sits and talks to me when im lying in the bath and daisy will even get in with her sometimes.

but i dont think people will think that much of it us all being girls, i would just worry about your little girl telling people because you know that someone could get the wrong idea although nothing at all like that is going on!

i can see both yours and your husbands point of view tho, thats just the kind of world we live in nowadays!

I agree with 6 is alittle too old. My daughter is 3 and OH still baths with her like you say , but it will soon be stopped as OH feels odd now as she isnt a baby and doesnt need help bathing or anything.
As someone stated aswell , she could say something at school , inncocently and it can be taken way out of context. x

I wouldn't like it at that age. Maybe up until 3, but not after that. I certainly wouldn't like the fact that she washes his penis and bum?! I think thats wrong. Imagine if she repeated that anywere? Its obviously going to be taken the wrong way!

Personally i dont see a problem with it but as others have said its society that creates a problem with it !

I have every intention of bathing with logan until he feels uncomfortable and so does his daddy !

I wouldn't like it at that age. Maybe up until 3, but not after that. I certainly wouldn't like the fact that she washes his penis and bum?! I think thats wrong. Imagine if she repeated that anywere? Its obviously going to be taken the wrong way!

Yeah, I agree with this.
Just to add that I can't pinpoint why exactly it would be uncomfortable but it definitely would for me.
Maybe it's my upbringing, I NEVER bathed with either of my parents nor would see either of them naked.
I sometimes bathe with Lola but that definitely won't be happening when she turns 6.

hahaha ya, no way im still going to be bathing with Jasmine when she is 6 either... She will have a little brother or sister by then to play with anyway.

I think it would make me uncomfortable aswell. Cant say why though. I remember seeing my dad in the bath when i was 6. I ran in the bathroom not knowing my dad was in there and when ever i think about it it makes me cringe i think you start to become more aware of your body and other ppls bodies at that age.

She said 'excluding' hun, as in washes everything else, but not there.

Maybe you should ask your daughter how she feels about it? She might want her privacy, or, she might be perfectly happy spending bathtime with her Dad.

I still bathe with my kids who are 7, 6 and 4, but daddy doesn't, as he doesn't feel comfortable. It's sad that society is like this xx

I've never bathed with either of my kids, and neither has DH. It's just not something that's ever occurred to me to do! Maybe because I never did with my parents either...

I do think that 6 is a little old for daughters to be bathing with Daddy. Maybe it would be different if she were a boy.

Maybe read your DH some of these posts if you are struggling to get your point over hun??

Do you think it is different if you have a son or daughter?

Thank you so much of all of your comments. I have emailed a link to this thread to my husband.....hopefully when he reads some of the thoughts and opinions he will realise that I am not alone in my thoughts and that maybe I am not as derranged as he seems to think!
xxxxxx

Its funny, when I read it I thought "oh thats digusting and awful!" But, then reflecting I think I was about 8-9 when I stopped being comfortable around my dad naked, or me naked.

Up until then there was no issue with it what-so-ever in my household. I almost remember the day, because I used to shower in my parents shower while my brother showered in the main bathroom to save time in the mornings and I remember one day when my dad walked in I covered up... when I'd never felt the need to before then.... I remember my dad suddenly being really uncomfortable and lefts the bathroom quickly, and when I came out we had a little chat about he'll make sure he doesn't walk in on me anymore and that he would be careful not to be naked around me.

It was really fine and a normal transition.

THAT said, I think that the penis is in phsyical contact with her makes it inappropriate.

ALSO I do think that its a real concern if she tells her friends about it and they tell their parents and it all gets lost in translation and then its taken WAY out of context!

There is something about the whole scene that doesn't sit right and your OH has to respect that in the end. My OH accuses me of accusing him of abusing Jasper when I get on his case about being too rough with Jasper sometimes, but I'd rather argue with my OH than risk an unnessessary scratch or bump to Jasper! And he almost always sees it my way in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->