Please read - might be useful!

kimberleyrobx

Reaction score
So i have FINALLY made my OH understand me as a pregnant woman. He has no idea of the body changes we go through when we are pregnant. He always thinks i am making excuses to bugger off to bed when in fact i am actually shattered and sore and dizzy and generally feeling like crap. HE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT! And all because i went to WordPad and wrote down my emotions. I can never get a word in when trying to talk to him because he always talks over the top of me. We had a big row this morning which seems so stupid now, but it really hurt at the time. Trying to talk to him is like talking to a brick wall. So i put it all down into words. I told him how i was feeling, how he was making me feel, how his actions and his words hurt me even more now because of my hormonal changes. I told him my symptoms, i went into detail about absolutely everything. I copy and pasted links from google at the beginning of the 6 page document with the heading 'Instead of researching your bull shit about iPads and iPhones etc maybe have a read at something that actually matters...' And it seemed to have done the trick! He came upstairs and apologized, said he never realized what pregnancy actually does to us.
Its a breakthrough, he finally understands!!! So if any of your OH's dont really understand what your going through, i seriously suggest writing it all down. I feel like a ton weight has been lifted from my shoulders, like i took all my raging hormones and shoved them into that letter! Everything is all good and dandy now, for now :cloud9:

I'm so pleased and may have to do the same. Dh was a nightmare and totally unsupportive when ds was young and bf constantly.
In an argument recently he brought up how I was lazy from 7mnth pgtil I went back to work.
I went mental at him and he's still not understanding.
Xx

I'm so pleased and may have to do the same. Dh was a nightmare and totally unsupportive when ds was young and bf constantly.
In an argument recently he brought up how I was lazy from 7mnth pgtil I went back to work.
I went mental at him and he's still not understanding.
Xx

The same here, i was heavily pregnant with OUR son and i had developed a case of SPD at 32 weeks and i was in constant agony but STILL i was doing absolutely everything while he slept in every day and played computer games :dohh: He thought there was nothing wrong with me, thought i was just playing victim! But he FINALLY understands! My OH also thought i was using my tiredness as an excuse to get away. It was (and still is) so tempting to slap some sense into him :dohh: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->