Please share your ECV experiences please.

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
Just incase I end up going down this route (confirmed this morning that baba is still breech), please could you share your experiences. It's something I always said I wouldn't want but then again.. I'm thinking I don't want a c section.

I know it works for some but for me it was awful!!! he did turn but his heart rate went wayyyy down real quick and had to have an emergency c-section on the spot he ended up having to go to the NICU for 8 hours to monitor and my abdomen felt like it was all bruised because of the hard pushing..a few seconds after he was turned he flipped right back up to the breech position!
I'm sorry I know you probably want to hear positive stories but honestly I would never ever do it again, its just not worth it!
my baby is breech right now and if he doesn't flip on his own i'm happy to get a section again!

I tried ECV with our first. It wasn't successful, even after 3 tries. (She is REALLY stubborn) But it also wasn't painful for me, and I'm glad we at least tried. We scheduled a section, but I went into labor a few days before it and had the procedure moved up.

I had one for my second at exactly 40 weeks. She was not engaged and there was enough fluid so my ob tried it as he knew how against a c section i was (i am terrfied of surgery). I went into hospital, he did a quick ultrasound, i laid down, he turned her in literally 20 seconds. It was a weird pressure but it did not hurt. My tummy was sore where her head was but i was fine. Baby was monitor for 1 hour after. Induced a week later and had a quick vaginal birth. Give it a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->