Please share your experience after erpc (surgical management of miscarriage)

mitchnorm

Reaction score
I had the surgery 9 days ago after finding out the baby's heartbeat stopped and it died at 9 weeks on the dot. I chose to go for the surgical route and after the procedure had little/no bleeding and nothing since. Maybe a bit of brown tinged cm for 2-3 days this week. I also had no real pain/cramping afterwards

My question is.....since the procedure it's a bit uncomfortable in my lower abdomen/guessing around uterus...maybe bruised. When I go for a wee it feel uncomfortable... not in a stingy UTI way bit in a pressure way....really need to go, when I do I get some achiness and not a lot comes out. Hard to explain.

Is this usual? I have no follow up scheduled, I would even know who to contact if therewere any issues.

I am guessing it's normal and early days?

I'm really sorry this had happened to you, big hugs x
For me I had no pain at all afterwards. I was 13 weeks at the time I had the D&C, and my baby passed around 11 weeks.
Everyone is different though, so don't start to panic.
See how it goes maybe x

Sorry for your loss lovemybubba x
Actually x feeling much more normal today. I didn't really have pain after the procedure....Just more uncomfortable. Felt very much like bruising. Anyway finger crossed getting back to normal x x

Did they give you an antibiotic?

Sorry you're in pain :hugs:

Today was my second D&C and other than some bleeding and minor cramps I'm fine. It was the same last year. I'd get follow up apt if I were you to be in the safe side.

I have a follow up apt after 2 weeks, last time it was after 6 weeks.

I'm on antibiotics (Zinat 250 mg twice a day) , I started it 2 days before the procedure

No antibiotics.... not common procedure here unless there's an infection. To be honest I had no bleeding or cramps after the surgery...so surprised. But a few days later it just felt a little uncomfortable down below.....but it's 100% better now. I will keep an eye on it though. thanks x

Glad you feel better today i also had the same feeling as you post op. Just a warning i bled for two days very lightly and then it stopped for a week before i had 10 days of on off orangey coloured spotting. Wishing you a happy pregnancy next time xx

thanks I am expecting some strangeness in my cycle....I am also hoping to fall pregnant quickly. Fingers crossed x x x

Sending you fresh baby dust. I had one cycle post miscarriage then conceived straight away, hope you do too x

Had a called from hospital....foetus testing revealed partial molar pregnancy. Can this get any worse!!!!! Got to go see consultant but likely will say don't ttc for 6 months. I am 42 and was planning to start ttc this weekend :-(

I was told 3 months both times not 6. Give your body some time to heal Hun, and get a 6 weeks check up to be on the safe side xxx

I was told 3 months both times not 6. Give your body some time to heal Hun, and get a 6 weeks check up to be on the safe side xxx

For a partial molar pregnancy????

This wasn't a normal mc x

I don't know about molar pregnancy, I really hope you don't have to wait 6 month xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->